SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

Kim

New service

74 posts in this topic

On 12/25/2020 at 10:25 AM, gf58 said:

I have some vauge sense that Steady Options stood out amongst the din because my impression of option trading services was lottery-ticket DOTM calls or blow-up-your-account naked shorts. Steady differentiated itself as something that could be continuously worked at and wasnt likely to stress me out.

I'm going to play devil's advocate here.  I figure that the science of advertising is so pervasive that it doesn't matter what a product is called because it is all thought up to manipulate behavior.  So I don't really care what a product name is unless it is funny and that just for entertainment.   The name of Steady Options was meaningless to me, I joined because I liked @Kim's intro blurb.  It is the same with products of other types.  What used to be the biggest of a product was Large, then Extra Large, then Super, then Ultra, then Extreme; this has gone on so long that I am no longer listening.  If you want the name to get them to do anything, I think it should get a prospective customer to read the intro.

Additional:  Trading options, even through a recommendation service, is not easy.  I would think that those that are able to do it successfully even with the recommendation service are going to be smarter than the average bear and might not be as easily suckered by the smooth presentation.  Or not.  Just a thought.

Something I recently reread by the philosopher king and science fiction writer Robert Heinlien:

"Thinking is defined as integrating data and arriving at correct answers. Look around you. Most people do that stunt just well enough to get to the corner store and back without breaking a leg. If the average man thinks at all, he does silly things like generalizing from a single datum. He uses one-valued logics. If he is exceptionally bright, he may use two- valued, ‘either-or’ logic to arrive at his wrong answers. If he is hungry, hurt, or personally interested in the answer, he can’t use any sort of logic and will discard an observed fact as blithely as he will stake his life on a piece of wishful thinking. He uses the technical miracles created by superior men without wonder nor surprise, as a kitten accepts a bowl of milk. Far from aspiring to higher reasoning, he is not even aware that higher reasoning exists. He classes his own mental process as being of the same sort as the genius of an Einstein. Man is not a rational animal; he is a rationalizing animal."

“For explanations of a universe that confuses him he seizes onto numerology, astrology, hysterical religions, and other fancy ways to go crazy. Having accepted such glorified nonsense, facts make no impression on him, even if at the cost of his own life.  One of the hardest things to believe is the abysmal depth of human stupidity. "

And on that kind and cheerful note:  Merry Christmas everybody!!!!!

8 hours ago, Ringandpinion said:

Something I recently reread by the philosopher king and science fiction writer Robert Heinlien:

"Thinking is defined as integrating data and arriving at correct answers. Look around you. Most people do that stunt just well enough to get to the corner store and back without breaking a leg. If the average man thinks at all, he does silly things like generalizing from a single datum. He uses one-valued logics. If he is exceptionally bright, he may use two- valued, ‘either-or’ logic to arrive at his wrong answers. If he is hungry, hurt, or personally interested in the answer, he can’t use any sort of logic and will discard an observed fact as blithely as he will stake his life on a piece of wishful thinking. He uses the technical miracles created by superior men without wonder nor surprise, as a kitten accepts a bowl of milk. Far from aspiring to higher reasoning, he is not even aware that higher reasoning exists. He classes his own mental process as being of the same sort as the genius of an Einstein. Man is not a rational animal; he is a rationalizing animal."

Rational Options 🙂 

On 12/24/2020 at 2:50 PM, mccoyb53 said:

Apologies some more ideas

SafeComboOptions

SaferComboOptions  Play on safe and combination and Options

LowerRiskOptions

LowerRiskRewardOptions

LessTimeOptions

LesserTimeOptions

ReducedTimeoptions

A Better Option

Kim's Option Kalamity - in this world of super slick presentations, sometimes the opposite stands out, and that would get them to read the intro.  I normally will notice something that is presented differently than the mainstream because so much of what you see or hear is just rehash of the same thing.  Point - car body and appearance styles change continuously but almost all the cars of a given year look alike, because nobody wants the other guy to stand out with a better design.  So they all move together.  The few that buck the trend have a better chance of getting noticed.  If the different body style is also better in other ways, then you will see a burst of attention for that "original" design.

Kim Klaiman's Option Kalamity

Now I'll think about names that contain neither Steady nor Options.  Since I think we've beaten the "Option" angle to death.

On 12/26/2020 at 6:51 AM, betaboy3000 said:

Rational Options 🙂 

I kinda like Rational Options too.  @Kim, if your approach to trading can be called by any single word, I would choose "rational".

Good luck @Kim.  You've certainly provided a great service in SO, I'll be on board SS to see how it goes, but if recent history is any guide, you'll do well.  But just so you don't get too cheerful, now you have to deal with one more tax return, LoL.  What a pleasure it was for me when last year, for the first time I can remember in a long time, I filed One, that's it, just One tax return.  Wooohooo!!!

57 minutes ago, Kim said:

After further consideration, we will provide everyone who contributed to this post 2 months of a free access as a token of our appreciation.

I'd like to think that I made a big contribution to this thread 😉