SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

I used to listen a lot to podcasts when travelling and I want to start again with some podcasts. Anyone recommend podcasts to listen to? Can be anything to current economic discussions to a more educational podcast on trading. I used to listen to Chat with Traders and Option Alpha a bit. 

1 hour ago, Bull3t007 said:

I used to listen a lot to podcasts when travelling and I want to start again with some podcasts. Anyone recommend podcasts to listen to? Can be anything to current economic discussions to a more educational podcast on trading. I used to listen to Chat with Traders and Option Alpha a bit. 

How are the Option Alpha podcasts?

I like the Option Alpha podcasts but they are for beginners and mostly selling premium. He also has some mindset episodes

There are some Heavy videos on Tastytrade. The one that comes to mind is, "The Skinny on Options Math". I imagine the rest of the Skinny series might also be heavy, but I haven't got to them yet

Edited by drcruz

I like to listen to Gary Kaltbaum. He is a regular fox contributor and doesn't trade options. He's more from the William O' Neil camp,  but he's very entertaining and has a great feel on the market. I don't know if there is a podcast available, but I listen to the condensed sped up version that is posted by Stoolander on Twitter. I can post more info if you're interested. 

Edited by Rob

10 hours ago, craigsmith said:

How are the Option Alpha podcasts?

For me it was really useful when I started with options. He is very good at explaining so it was a nice way of getting into the option market, I will listen to some more advanced podcasts of him and let you know if it's worth your time. 

From my experience with Option Alpha, Kirk is a smart guy, who is on top of most useful issues, and a very good teacher for a more novice level.

But, after following his trades for quite awhile (but not actually doing them myself, because they really do not fit my style), it seemed as if the majority of his trades were selling strangles for well under $1.00.

That type of "undefined" risk trade, with such a tiny possible return ( maybe .25 cents), just dosn't work for me.

Once in awhile he does a more (IMO) sensible trade, like a TLT Iron butterfly.

But, the short strangles seemed to be the vast majority.

51 minutes ago, cuegis said:

From my experience with Option Alpha, Kirk is a smart guy, who is on top of most useful issues, and a very good teacher for a more novice level.

But, after following his trades for quite awhile (but not actually doing them myself, because they really do not fit my style), it seemed as if the majority of his trades were selling strangles for well under $1.00.

That type of "undefined" risk trade, with such a tiny possible return ( maybe .25 cents), just dosn't work for me.

Once in awhile he does a more (IMO) sensible trade, like a TLT Iron butterfly.

But, the short strangles seemed to be the vast majority.

Yeah exactly, I do like his way of explaining and he makes great videos. But the services he offers never appealed to me.

none of these are really specifically about option trading but...

Econ Talk with Russ Roberts:  one of the best all around podcasts and 12 years of episodes.  Wide range of topics and guests

Invest Like the Best:  Patrick O'shaugnessy.  All types of guests and may be the best actual interviewer ive heard on a podcast

Meb Faber Show:  Meb is a quant but very knowledgeable all around trader/fund manager 

Trend Following Radio:  Michael Covel's show.  Can be hit or miss but he has some amazing guests

Top Traders Unplugged:  Focused on quant/trend following etc

Edited by RapperT

6 minutes ago, Christof+ said:

What is this 'but'?? :)

Never listened to his show but he and his company also came up with a lot of good papers and interesting ideas in the TAA space.

I just know there arent a ton of us on this site so wanted people to listen!!! ha

I'm an investing podcast junkie. In alphabetical order, all can be found on apple podcast app.

animal spirits 

behind the markets

better systems trader

capital allocators

chat with traders

flirting with models

invest like the best

masters in business

listen learn sound investing

the advisors option

the meb faber show

top traders unplugged

trend following

wealthtrack

On 6/5/2018 at 8:36 AM, cwelsh said:

I really liked 90% of Malcolm Glidewell's revisionist history -- it has a liberal slant to it, so me enjoying it really says something.

You are a Caucasian Texan in the investing industry and you have a liberal slant!! Are you an unicorn? ;)