SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

IgorK

IB TWS Questiins

Just new to this environment. Have some questions.

1.  Is there a way to create a strategy combo for a chosen option? Something like right click->choose strategy? Or I need always build it leg by leg?

2. Once I heave a position - where can I track it's performance? I know there is portfolio window, and there is performance profile. But where can I see what I bought it for and what will happen if I sell it now, or let it expire? 

3. This is probably naive question: what is best window setup for options trading?  

Thanks in advance.

28 minutes ago, IgorK said:

I find Strategy Builder within Option Trader the easiest to use.  You can enter exactly what you want to buy and sell, check to make sure you have the debit or credit correct for that particular spread and go.  A lot of people prefer the Combo option but I found it confusing and stopped using it after a few attempts.

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

I find Strategy Builder within Option Trader the easiest to use.  You can enter exactly what you want to buy and sell, check to make sure you have the debit or credit correct for that particular spread and go.  A lot of people prefer the Combo option but I found it confusing and stopped using it after a few attempts.

May I ask you where can I find this combo option? Just to check.

5 minutes ago, Paul said:

me too

I called with the IB supportdesk. They explained you only see the +/- sign in the drill-down column when you actually have the position. So it's not there when you only put the spread on a line to watch the price.