SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

Guest Victor

Steady Options closing to new members

I didn't really know which thread this should be posted upon.  I joined SteadyOoptions in late May.  I've been trading options (mostly OTM PUTs on dividend payers and covered calls on dividend payers.  It's worked well (I am a devotee of Teddi on the FullyInformed site).  I was looking for a more Delta neutral strategy and stumbled upon Steadyoptions. 

I'm very glad I did.  

I manage my own 7 figure portfolio and while I don't enjoy losses, I do understand they can be part of any trading system.  With that in mind, I devoted $100,000 for Steadyoptions. I learn best be doing (not paper trading).  

Attached are my first full month results. 

What I've learned so far:

1. Don't chase an entry point (you will most likely have it present itself again in the future).

2 When it is recommended to get out of a trade, get out. (ORCL hurt because I thought I could wait it out a bit). That cost $3,000+.

3. Getting the trade right is very important (I bought the $37.50 BBBY call instead of the $37.00) that cost me $2,400.

Even with those real losses, due to my own mistakes, I am so very happy to have joined this site.

Just imagine my first month return had I not made those mistakes.

July is starting off well with the very profitable closing of the AXP, although MSFT looks like it may be problematic.

Happy 4th to our neighbours down south and all the best.

steadyoptions.JPG

Thanks for sharing. That's definitely a great start (covered almost 5 years of subscription fees in one month).

Generally speaking, I always recommend starting small - this way the mistakes are less expensive, and there is always a learning curve, even for the most experienced traders.

Without the mistakes you made, the account would be up around 10% including commissions, which is actually better than our official performance. Well done!

7 hours ago, Nitromicro said:

I didn't really know which thread this should be posted upon.  I joined SteadyOoptions in late May.  I've been trading options (mostly OTM PUTs on dividend payers and covered calls on dividend payers.  It's worked well (I am a devotee of Teddi on the FullyInformed site).  I was looking for a more Delta neutral strategy and stumbled upon Steadyoptions. 

I'm very glad I did.  

I manage my own 7 figure portfolio and while I don't enjoy losses, I do understand they can be part of any trading system.  With that in mind, I devoted $100,000 for Steadyoptions. I learn best be doing (not paper trading).  

Attached are my first full month results. 

What I've learned so far:

1. Don't chase an entry point (you will most likely have it present itself again in the future).

2 When it is recommended to get out of a trade, get out. (ORCL hurt because I thought I could wait it out a bit). That cost $3,000+.

3. Getting the trade right is very important (I bought the $37.50 BBBY call instead of the $37.00) that cost me $2,400.

Even with those real losses, due to my own mistakes, I am so very happy to have joined this site.

Just imagine my first month return had I not made those mistakes.

July is starting off well with the very profitable closing of the AXP, although MSFT looks like it may be problematic.

Happy 4th to our neighbours down south and all the best.

steadyoptions.JPG

If I had to summarize my learning, I couldn't do it better.

Only thing I will add is,

4. Control your costs. After joining Tradier, my profits have improved. I can take marginal trades. And losses hurt less :). 

Edited by Vijay