SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

Bull3t007

IB cancellation fee

I have a question regarding the cancellation fee. I have cancelled multiple options that were active orders and I cant see if they have costed me commision. I go to the daily activity report it doesnt show any extra fees. 

Any idea if the fees are 100% certain to happen and where can I see these fees? 

I haven't verified if they've changed it, but IB used to charge a cancellation fee on option orders. However, it didn't apply to spreads - only individual options. Not sure if it has changed as I almost never trade individual options anymore.

19 minutes ago, akhouston said:

There's no cancelation fee with ib

Ok so there is no modification or cancellation fee anymore? Because I keep seeing posts everywhere stating this but I do not see any fees in my own statements, I do don't want to be surprised after x months of paying fees I did not know occured. 

47 minutes ago, Bull3t007 said:

I have a question regarding the cancellation fee. I have cancelled multiple options that were active orders and I cant see if they have costed me commision. I go to the daily activity report it doesnt show any extra fees. 

Any idea if the fees are 100% certain to happen and where can I see these fees? 

24 minutes ago, greenspan76 said:

I haven't verified if they've changed it, but IB used to charge a cancellation fee on option orders. However, it didn't apply to spreads - only individual options. Not sure if it has changed as I almost never trade individual options anymore.

@Bull3t007 -

as @greenspan76 points out the cancellation fee applies to individual options, not to spreads. If you want to double check, you can find your fees under Reports tab > activity > statements >  in the statements you'll find a tab 'fees'. If you have paid fees (for cancellation), they should be in there.

That being said, I don't think it is really an issue, b/c the cancellation fee is 0.01.

Edited by 4REAL

25 minutes ago, Bull3t007 said:

One of these tabs or within these tabs? Because at other fees I cannot find any cancellation fees.

@Bull3t007 - you should see a tab 'Fees' (see screenshot), and under the list of other fees, you'll see a separate list of cancellation fees. 

IB fees_LI.jpg

Edited by 4REAL

Just now, 4REAL said:

@Bull3t007 - you should see a tab 'Fees' (see screenshot), and under the list of other fees, you'll see a separate list of cancellation fees (see 2nd screenshot). I have to say in all of 2016 and 2017 I had NO cancellation fees. 

IB fees_LI.jpg

Fees Order Cancellation.JPG

Yeah I saw eventually, I had to change the options shown in the statement. Haven't had any cancellation fees since I started so that nice. Thank you for your help:)