SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

RapperT

Meb Faber = Cliff Asness at a discount????

I've become a big fan of Meb Faber's research and his overall approach to investing/trading.  If you compare some of AQR's funds with Cambria's, meb basically performs as well or better and most of his funds are at least 100 basis points cheaper.  Obviously AQR has a lot more to offer and I'm not saying they are exactly correlated,  but if one wants a systematized momentum/trend allocation without doing any of the work, I'm not sure why Meb's funds wouldnt be the ideal choice.

I'm pretty much a trend following n00b and have been running my own breakout and dual momentum systems (along with a short term mean reversion system) for  little under a year  but Im thinking of just moving most of my IRA to Cambria funds and forgetting about it.

Anyway...just thought it was interesting.  Would be interested in hearing feedback from @Jesse or any of trend followers on the board.

Edited by RapperT

I've been following his work for quite a while and am a big fan as well.  Late last year, I moved a portion of my IRA to his Cambria Betterment robo.  So far it is working well.  Time obviously will tell.