SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

izzo70

ONE software

Is it imperative for what we do hear to have live data on ONE if we are not planning on using it to enter orders.  Will historical datat included with program satisfy the majority of our needs??

Thanks,

Paul

Does ONE software give you the ability to see historical calendar and straddle prices for previous earnings cycle? ie. before we enter a trade, we make sure it's cheap compare to previous cycles, so I was wondering if ONE software is used for this type of price comparison.

I've had a trial of ONE software for the last month.  I think I'm going to let it lapse without signing up.  I have not found the value in this software yet.  If they allow, I offered to pay 1 more month on a trial basis to see if I can find the value or work through the bugs.

- This does not accurately get pricing data from IB.  Because of this, using ONE to manage positions is misleading and not accurate.
- Using ONE to enter orders into IB is also rather pointless.  It does not get accurate real-time pricing from IB.  It incorrectly shows the mid-point of the trade.  In 100% of my trades, I've had to go back and manually update the fill prices.
- The option chain display is very awkward and not user friendly.  This is a very outdated UI.  I'm getting sore wrist due to clicking the little arrows back and forth to compare option expirations (with weekly options showing).
- The only value I see so far is historical data, but I get that for free with a small account I left in TOS.

Then there are the irritations...
- No Mobile
- Windows only

Just my $0.02

Thanks for sharing.

I'm not sure why you say that IB pricing is inaccurate. I get data from IB and find it very accurate during market hours (maybe you referred to after hours - yes, real time data is inaccurate after hours, but you can always go to previous days).

I cannot comment regarding entering orders via IB as I don't use it, but to me, it would definitely not be a deal breaker.

As for historical data, TOS has only EOD data while ONE has 5 minutes intervals data. To me, this alone is more than worth the price. If you compare it to any competitor, only for the data you would probably pay double.

Windows only is definitely disadvantage to some users, so if you use MAC only, it could be a deal breaker.

Well, tech savvy as we are, running windows or windows apps on a mac has never been an issue. Just create a virtual machine or use a platform like crossover to run the app in. Just Google it. I haven't actually tried it but I am pretty sure I would be able to run ONE on a macbook pro. Probably also on a normal mac. 

No deal breaker there ;-)

Yea - Unfortunately, I have to run windows frequently for work and use Parallels.  So that wasn't much of a problem, but I avoid Windows wherever I can.

Kim, regarding pricing, I have some screenshots to show my point.  The SO support folks tell me it is because they use mid-prices, but IB uses last price.  I don't think that is the case.  In IB, all three prices are shows (bid, ask, mid), and ONE does not match any of them.  In fact, some of the trades the mid price is not even close to the mid shown in IB.  At times, it is so far off, IB will not even accept the order when placed through ONE since the price is so far out of range.  

I just had a tour of the new IB interface today, so am slowly getting to know that and looks pretty good.  A lot more features than TOS, but definitely a slow learning curve.

@BschulzIf you refer to spread prices - IB actually doesn't show the mid correctly. Look at my IB topic   . I have never had any issues with pricing. To take it offline, whenever you see mispricing, send me a message and I will look at it in real time. I'm very curios how this is possible as I never heard any complains about the pricing.