SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. TRY IT FREE!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

Kim

Tradier Brokerage Special Offer

657 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Rickbw said:

I'm a new subscriber, but long term option trader. On and off over the years but now retired.  I have used both OptionVue and ONE in the past at different times.  I also found the lack of documentation for ONE to be mind blowing.  The website has said it is upcoming for well over a year.  My question is this;

I have a Tradier account (used TradeHawk in the past) so, being new to Steady Options would you sign up for ONE or would you use something like TradeHawk with Tradier?

I have a Traider account and use it with ONE, I have used Tradehawk in the past but find ONE to be superior.

I don't have TradeHawk, but I do have ONE. I'm not sure if they are comparable in terms of functionality. ONE is more comparable to OptionVue, but I believe that OptionVue is much more expensive. To me ONE is a must have tool for any serious trader, and I'm very happy with it (full disclosure: I'm paying the same discounted price as the rest of SO members and don't get any compensation from ONE for recommending them). 

I see on Tradier that ONE is $65 / month (x 12 = $780), but, if I understand correctly the discounted SO annual with ONE is ~$600.  Is this correct?

CJ912 - Do you pay for ONE thru Tradier?

Thanks for the help.

Sorry for complaining about Tradier again and this is 100% my fault for not following their guidelines but I am on vacation this week and it took me longer than expected to close out of some of my long calendar spreads.  Around 3:30pm EST Tradier started manually closing my trades but only the short legs as those were the ones expiring today.   I had assumed that they would treat these as spreads since that is how they are labeled on on my position statement but they only closed the shorts and left my longs (naked) open.  Thankfully I checked this in time to close my longs.   Another expensive lesson learned.  

7 hours ago, FrankTheTank said:

Sorry for complaining about Tradier again and this is 100% my fault for not following their guidelines but I am on vacation this week and it took me longer than expected to close out of some of my long calendar spreads.  Around 3:30pm EST Tradier started manually closing my trades but only the short legs as those were the ones expiring today.   I had assumed that they would treat these as spreads since that is how they are labeled on on my position statement but they only closed the shorts and left my longs (naked) open.  Thankfully I checked this in time to close my longs.   Another expensive lesson learned.  

That's annoying--do you know how they handle long vertical spreads that are completely in the money at expiration? Will they also just close your shorts before the market closes, or will they do the right thing and exercise both to leave you flat (and with the max profit)?

17 hours ago, ex3y7s said:

That's annoying--do you know how they handle long vertical spreads that are completely in the money at expiration? Will they also just close your shorts before the market closes, or will they do the right thing and exercise both to leave you flat (and with the max profit)?

No idea but given this and other experiences I have with them I would assume the worst and just try to close out all your spreads manually no later than 3:15pm EST.