SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

Guest listolyman

Mobile apps

Guest listolyman

I like the iPhone mobile app for IB but I can only close positions by legging out.

Guest listolyman

Marco, I haves used the combo builder. Is there a way to close a combo other than one leg at a time?

Marco, I haves used the combo builder. Is there a way to close a combo other than one leg at a time?

yes, you build the combo (Straddle, Strangle,RIC calendar ... whatever you have on) and then you can buy and sell it as a combo. watch out with buy/sell (look at the detailed description of the legs) I sometimes find it odd how they define whether I am long or short the combo depending on how I create the legs.

Guest listolyman

yes, you build the combo (Straddle, Strangle,RIC calendar ... whatever you have on) and then you can buy and sell it as a combo. watch out with buy/sell (look at the detailed description of the legs) I sometimes find it odd how they define whether I am long or short the combo depending on how I create the legs.

Thx Marco! Just to clarify, do u mean that after I after I build a combo and buy it then I can rebuild the same combo and sell it to close the combo position. In portfolio I have been clicking 'close' to close each leg.

Thx Marco! Just to clarify, do u mean that after I after I build a combo and buy it then I can rebuild the same combo and sell it to close the combo position. In portfolio I have been clicking 'close' to close each leg.

yes if you open it on a mobile device, build the combo and then buy or sell it. If you close a position that you opened on TWS you can still create the same combo on your mobile device and close it as a combo.

Legging out will kill you because if you adjust the price on the leg, since its a single option order, I believe IB will hit with the cancel fee.