SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

BillP

Economy Fixed

From today's action looks as though things are fixed and we are on the way.

you are correct, removing all hedges and going long.. NOT

same old story, market jumps 200 points and everything is peachy.. Give it a few days and the concerns will re-emerge and we will head back down towards 12k

honestly I don't really care as long as AAPL goes up and RUT goes down :)

I am thinking this market is going to have a 300-400 point correction before long. Bro Ben even says the economy sucks, but we keep going up.

looking forward to this day so I can reload my RUT.. Bring it on...

News Alert

from The Wall Street Journal

The German Parliament has approved by a large majority a rescue package worth up to €100 billion ($122 billion) for Spain's struggling banks.

Lawmakers voted 473-97 to support the bank bailout, with 13 abstentions.

Germany's Parliament has to endorse all decisions to use money from the euro zone's rescue fund. The country is Europe's biggest economy and the biggest single contributor to the bailout fund; it will guarantee loans to the tune of up to €29 billion under the Spanish package.

We don't often discuss big picture economics here, but I can't see any of this ending well for "the West", be it the U.S. with its debt/deficits/entitlement programs or Europe with a myriad of problems. I do expect a 'Black Swan' at some point. The problem is, nobody really knows when right. I'm a little worried about 2013 though after the election cycle is over.

I have been looking for a chart that shows the market movement by month, year, and so forth. I had it one time and cannot find it. Interesting to look at, and if I remember pretty accurate. If anyone has something like this I would appreciate if you would pass it along. Thanks

well they lowered the outlook for many of the creditor nations yesterday (Germany, Netherlands ....) so only logical step. Doubt that has big market impact, they are behind the curve anyway.

All companies reporting lower than expecting earnings,domestic growth down to 1.5% .unemployment over 8% yet the market goes up 500 points in a matter of days.time for a big correction

Told u - don't be short

Was only 50% chance that I'm right, but the trick is to wait long enough until prices move in the predicted direction (even if it's from much higher or lower levels) and claim victory.

my big picture bet is the economy is going to crash sometime in 2013 or 2014. its post election so all the "stimulus" measures to stay elected will be over. printing fiat money and debasing a currency has never been a long term path to success.

I plant my crops by the Farmers Almanac so I also use Traders Almanac to buy and sell stocks and options. Amazing how accurate the data is for each day and month years back. Europe must have been in the picture then as well.