SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

bam1960

IBM non earnings calendar

I entered IBM 170 call calendar long Aug./short June @3.00 yesterday.

Earnings on July 20 and there is a dividend in July which is why calls are cheaper. 

IV is low and thought it was a good risk reward similar to the GOOG trade which I am in also.

Edited by bam1960

Guest Peter
Hi bam1960

"our" IBM Calendar runs quite well. He is already 10% in profit :)

Yes it looks good could have probably gotten in around 2.85 but it looks like it be OK will probably look for 20 % around 3.60 sometime next week

Guest Peter
Hi bam960

the fast downward move has put the IBM calendar under pressure. What do you think of a supplement to a double calendar? The 165 could save us in the short term. But the downward movement seems to go further. Do you already have a strategy for how you're going to roll?

Hi bam960
the fast downward move has put the IBM calendar under pressure. What do you think of a supplement to a double calendar? The 165 could save us in the short term. But the downward movement seems to go further. Do you already have a strategy for how you're going to roll?

Hey Peter

Yes I have been watching it closely. Their are several options but have decided to Add a July1/Aug. 165 calendar and will btc the front montth on the original calendar and open July front month for original 170 calendar. This will give us 165/170 july1/Aug.. Also will pay as little as possible for june 170 and try to get as much credit as possible for july1. This will be simmilar to aaple trade. Also I started with 1/2 position so this will give us a full position. 

Edited by bam1960

Guest Peter

I have closed the trade at BE, because I had a bad feeling about it.

I have closed the trade at BE, because I had a bad feeling about it.

Understandable, if your uncomfortable with a trade close it. Also I have not rolled the 170 front month to july1 yet having issue with a cancelled order for IBM on IB platform today but getting it taken care of. 

I rolled the 170 call calendar June to July1 @90 credit

This gives me a165/170 July1/Aug call calendars @4.65 trade is currently up ~10% will target 20%

I thought about waiting till friday for more credit but decided against it

Guest Peter
Congratulations

yesterday I was too scared after the paper loss of 20%. That's why I went out at BE. But today the trade has made a really good development.

I closed IBM @5.30 for a 14% gain. Was looking for 20% but kind of died so took it off.

Good trading, thanks for sharing. It's interesting to see some other types of trades (and adjustments) to get some trading ideas. I'll be sure to follow the next one (and probably jump in with you).