SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

kdawg

Backtesting in ONE

Hi Kim,

In ONE, do you manually perform backtests by setting the trade entry point under "Trading Date & Time" and advancing through each day to see how it turns out?

Or are you able to use the AutoExplorer functionality to build rules and analyze etc?

Thanks!

In One, the spread prices i ve noted that they are not in line with what ib or tos say, because it took each leg to compute the mid and the real mid is usually higher. 

Have anyone noted this? AM i wrong? Is there a way to correct it?

I saw that the prices for the spreads shown are a little lower from that i observe in tos or interactive brokers. I think that it is because the system takes each leg price separately to build the price of the combo. This can be misleading as when doing backtests, i can think that i would have been filled at a price that, in reality, would never happen. 

Rodrigo

Edited by samico