SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

deftone

Looking at the S&P500 this year, what would've you done?

Looking at the S&P500 this year, what would've you done?

Its stayed within a range of 2050-2100 at nearly all times.  This is really bad for the parts of our portfolios that are indexed, passive or market invested for a long term directional profit (i.e retirement)

What would've been the most profitable play if you could go back in a time machine, on the S&P500? Tons of Iron Condors ?

I recently joined SteadyCondors, and wish I had joined sooner. I think their strategy is uniquely positioned to both take advantage of these periods of low realized volatility and hedge against large moves in the index, in a way that traditional Iron Condors are not.

Of course, if I had actually known how range bound the SP500 would be, maybe I'd take a leaf from Karen Supertrader's book and sell a bunch of naked strangles... lol.

Edited by TDM

I recently joined SteadyCondors, and wish I had joined sooner. I think their strategy is uniquely positioned to both take advantage of these periods of low realized volatility and hedge against large moves in the index, in a way that traditional Iron Condors are not.

Of course, if I had actually known how range bound the SP500 would be, maybe I'd take a leaf from Karen Supertrader's book and sell a bunch of naked strangles... lol.

LOL!

Yeah, I bet this year she makes big cash.  And will lose it (all?) come October or whenever rates go up from the Feds.