SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

Nevermind

Nevermind Performance vs. SteadyOptions Performance

Hi guys,

I am now a SO member since February 2015. What you need to know is that I am still a newbie at options trading.

I finally went through all my trades and compared them against the performance posted I jused the exact same calculation as Kim.

My results though are far away from Kims but I made money with his newsletter and thats after deducting the fees of his service. I enjoyed the time so far and I still have to learn a lot to master everything. I will keep updating my results so you guys get also a feeling  of possible mistake one can make. I probably covered quite some mistakes :)

Please note it's mainly my fault that I don't have the performance as good as SO.

I already sent a comparison for March which was incomplete and not all trades were included. Here are my honest final results.  Whats your expirience? How do you master the steep learning curve?

post-2252-0-17769400-1430490674_thumb.pn

Edited by Nevermind

Thanks for posting this.

I think considering the fact that you are a newbie at options trading AND only 2+ months with SO, you are doing very well. The fact that you beat the official performance in almost half of the trades speaks volume.

Most of your underperformance comes from SINA (I hope lesson learned), AMZN and GOOG. As you could see, many long term members entered those trades before I did at better prices. Those who waited, in some cases paid slightly more, but also exited at better prices. They knew that those are among our best names, and even overpaying few cents still leaves you a lot of room for profit. This was not the case with TIF and AZO - next time you will know.

Thanks for posting this.

I think considering the fact that you are a newbie at options trading AND only 2+ months with SO, you are doing very well. The fact that you beat the official performance in almost half of the trades speaks volume.

Most of your underperformance comes from SINA (I hope lesson learned), AMZN and GOOG. As you could see, many long term members entered those trades before I did at better prices. Those who waited, in some cases paid slightly more, but also exited at better prices. They knew that those are among our best names, and even overpaying few cents still leaves you a lot of room for profit. This was not the case with TIF and AZO - next time you will know.

Thank you for your comment

Hi guys, 

here my update. June was a tough month for me as I had to study a lot for an exam but overall I find I improved and I getting better understanding of the whole process. What I believe I learned

• I try now to enter roll limits for earning straddles before I receive trade notification from SO 
  • try to analyze earnings candidates on my own to get in earlier than SO 
  • personally I like non earining trades more because of greate liquidity and htey are easier to follow

Keep you guys updated about my improvements

Cheers

post-2252-0-30152100-1434293849_thumb.pn

Thanks for sharing, Nevermind.  Fascinating to see the discrepancies and how important implementation is even when you have a sense of what trades to make.