SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

Vancouver

SCTY June/May 2015 Calendar

I entered the 6-week 60C calendar (long June 19, short May 8) on SCTY today/yesterday @ $1.35.

Last cycle when the stock was about 10% lower, we payed $1.15 and $1.20 for a 4-week spread.

Note that last cycle we broke even on the trade.

Still, it seems to me prices are attractive at these levels.

I opened SCTY trade yesterday as well, some 1-week 60 call calendars for 0.26.   I agree that prices look attractive, targeting 0.50 or above for the 1-week's.   Between this trade and the BABA, it will give us more test cases of short durations versus longer ones to see if the SINA behavior in March was an exception or not.  But I certainly hope both of the trades are successful

Bought a 40 lot of the 1-week 60 call calendars yesterday for 0.20 (I saw them marking for 0.15 at times after my fill so might have been able to get them for less).  I set a GTC order to close at 0.28 this morning and it filled a few minutes ago.  Wasn't all IV shifts that made it work as stock moved closer to strike this AM so luck involved also.  34% gain after commissions.

GTC order were filled at .31  on  63C and 60C calendar at open.  im completely out of my triple calendar.   got in at .23, .24, .24  .   .. Those calendar now worth .35+  ... will play again next cycle 

Exited the 1-week 60 calendar @.35 entered @.26-@.22 to average ~.24 for a 41% gain before commissions. Could reach .45.50 tomorrow but was satisfied with gain but will watch to see where it goes.

Thanks Vancouver and Yowster for your contributions

closed my positions for 60C @ .34 and 62.50C @ .30  (average cost was around .23)

closing yesterday would have been better

for a change fills were 2 to 3 cents above mid

Edited by 4REAL

I had closed my 60 call calendar earlier today for a minimal gain of like 4% after commissions (would have done slightly better closing yesterday).  However, I do believe that if you enter these trades at a cost level that looks attractive based on prior cycles, then you do limit your downside.  Not a guarantee of making a significant gain however - but some cycles you are likely to get a nice pop in price.