SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

equus

Follow all posts

Is there a way to avoid having to manually subscribe to new threads?

I get the first message in a new thread (for example a trade discussion) but I find i'm always having to manually follow that thread in order to get subsequent messages forwarded to my email, which is a hassle. I'd like simply to be able to subscribe to all threads and all postings without any further manual baby sitting. Is there a way?

No, the forum software does not have that option. I don't think any forum software does. The idea is that members are in control which notifications they want to get, how often etc. Subscribing to all forums/topics would flood you with emails. Some days there are 80-100 posts posted, would you want to get 100 emails from SO in one day?

Email is my primary mode for intraday updates on SO.  If it were possible, I would happily subscribe to all sub forum posts in "Earnings Trades Discussions" without having to manually hit follow on each thread.  I end up hitting follow on all of them anyway, and miss some discussions on ones I don't.  

BTW, I have seen this functionality on other forums, the main one I make use of it on is Tradestation user forums where I want to be aware of all posts for OptionStation Pro without having to log on.  

Tim

Yes, it has been the same experience of missing some of the new discussions in "Earnings Trades Discussions" that primarily prompted me to post the question. Shame the forum architecture does not permit this.

I just keep the SO forum open in a browser tab and hit the "View New Content" button (upper right) periodically throughout the day to see only what has been posted since the time I checked.  Yeah, it's something you have to remember to check on a frequent basis, but so is email.  I probably look at it every hour or two.

I also use pay close attention to the Twitter updates so I don't miss a trade alert.  Those go straight to my phone.