SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

luxmon

Anyone take McMillian's Options Video Course?

I'm curious to see if anyone has ever seen the 16 video home study course on option trading by Larry McMillan's company.  I got an offer today to purchase it for $99 (48 hours only lol!) and some of the advanced sessions look interesting on trading volatility.  I've attended a few webinars with Larry and have found him to be a very good instructor.  I'm curious if what's included in this set would even be remotely as good as the live education in SteadyOptions.   Opinions?

Thanks,

Tim

http://www.optionstrategist.com/products/16-seminar-home-study-course-video-downloads

Edited by luxmon

Hi PC,

I've made it through all of the advanced lectures and about half of the basic / intermediate lectures.  The lectures run between 1.5 to 2 hours, and are VERY comprehensive about the details of how options work.  One caveat is that they appear to be 3-4 years old so weekly options are not covered.  He also isn't shy about sharing his opinions about fundamental analysis (not a huge fan lol) so that might upset some people.

I'd say for members of the SO service, the advanced set is all you'd need and well worth it.  There are two lectures dedicated to trading volatility, in fact, he is a huge fan of the type of straddle trades we just did in MSFT and INTC.  He advises these whenever volatility is near 52 week lows as a near sure-thing strategy by either vol increase or underlying movement.  

Hope this is helpful.

Tim

Guest jedgraham

I'm curious to see if anyone has ever seen the 16 video home study course on option trading by Larry McMillan's company.  I got an offer today to purchase it for $99 (48 hours only lol!) and some of the advanced sessions look interesting on trading volatility.  I've attended a few webinars with Larry and have found him to be a very good instructor.  I'm curious if what's included in this set would even be remotely as good as the live education in SteadyOptions.   Opinions?

Thanks,

Tim

http://www.optionstrategist.com/products/16-seminar-home-study-course-video-downloads

for option eduction:

1; yes you need it, but you don't have to pay for it. Go to tasty trade.com they have a free course. ROSS is the best method of studying anything. Rely on Self Study. Yes, pick a book and read. Ask questions and search the net for answers. The net is full of free answers and some of them are real good. Read plenty of different authors. Once you start to see similar ideas you can bet your life that the similar ideas theory etc are correct. Watch out for the ideas that are different. Watch out for the pie in the sky sales BS. If it was so easy why are they trying to sell you something? Those who can do, and those who can't teach.  Also most important: there is no magic bullet, super duper option strategy etc etc. You have to learn... its all numbers and the numbers have risk and benefits. There is downside risk and upside risk. If you don't learn to trade options correctly you will miss the upside and experience the downside risk. Papertrade until you have proven you are able to trade without losing money. Your first goal is don't lose your doe!