SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

Kim

Could This Strategy Be The Holy Grail Of Investing?

Does the Holy Grail even exist?

Internet is full of hype from people who claim that they found the Holy Grail of Investing. "Make 10% per month in just 10 minutes per week". Do you really believe that? Some people do. I can tell you with full responsibility that whoever claims to have the Holy Grail is either lying or has not been in this business for long enough.

This is why when my good friend and hedge fund manager Chris Welsh told me about his Anchor Strategy that aims "to prevent loss of capital in market downturns while still generating a positive net return in all market conditions", I was a bit skeptical. Isn't that the Holy Grail, which we know does not exist?

Click here to view the article

Nice article Kim and Chris. Tipping your hat to Reel Ken was a classy move, and I like how you handled the naysayers, some of whom seemed a bit hostile and unreasonable (and ignorant).

In the article you mention OptionNet. I went to their website and they don't currently seem to be offering individual subscriptions; rather, you have to subscribe to Sheridan mentoring to gain access. They say they're working on it though. Any idea why they pulled that option? Do you use the service and think they provide high quality data?

I'm wondering if you can also comment on other services - Optionistics, OptionVue, and others... I'm interested in high quality historical data, flexible modeling and good backtesting. Perhaps a pinned article would be best as I've seen this question come up a couple of times in different forms.

I'm a Sheridan Mentoring member, so I get the OptionNet for $600 per year. I find it excellent. Not sure when and if they are going to offer it to the general public.

OptionVue is excellent as well, but it is much more expensive - http://www.optionvue.com/pricing.html. They basically charge you separately for everything - historical data, real-time data etc. while in OptionNet everything is included in the price. I assume that if OptionNet was offered to the public, it would be more expensive as well, but this is one of the benefits of Sheridan membership. At 5k for lifetime membership, it's a steal.