SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

Kim

PayPal billing and cancellations

This post will discuss some of the aspects of PayPal billing.

Recurring payments, upgrades and cancellations

All PayPal payments are recurring payments. PayPal charges you every 1, 3 or 12 months, according to your subscription plan. You can upgrade your plan at any time. To do that, just cancel your current subscription 1-2 days before the renewal date and subscribe to a new term from the subscription page.

To cancel your subscription, just login to your PayPal account and cancel the SteadyOptions recurring subscription. You will have access till the end of your term (no refunds for the unused portion of the term). I hope to hear some feedback why it didn't work for you. We provide no refunds. Please refer to our Cancellation Policy for more details.

The reason why you need to cancel your PayPal subscription is that we don't have control over your PayPal account. I don't have your personal or payment information, it is stored in your PayPal accounts and we have not access to it.

Maintaining your subscription

Please keep your PayPal account in a good standing. If you need to change source of funds, you can do it in your PayPal account. There could be several reasons for PayPal to skip payment:

1. Insufficient PayPal balance if PayPal is the only source of payment.
2. Denial by the bank due to insufficient funds in the bank account (or any other reason)
3. Denial by the credit company in case your credit card has been cancelled or expired.

When this happens, you will get a notice from PayPal that a payment has been skipped. PayPal will try again after 5 days. Please try to find out what happened. Contact your bank or the credit company.

After 3 failed attempts PayPal will suspend your recurring payment and your SteadyOptions account will be cancelled. To re-join, you will be treated as a new customer and pay the subscription fee currently in effect. If you are grandfathered at the old rate, you will lose that privilege. It is your responsibility to make sure that your PayPal account is in good standing and all payments are processed with no issues.

In order to avoid those issues, I recommend to have sufficient funds in the PayPal account. I also recommend to have more than one funding source (e.g., credit card and bank account). If you know that your credit card info has been changed, login to PayPal, go to "Profile/Edit or Edit Credit Card" and update the credit card info.

If you have any payment related issues, please email me and I will try to resolve it

If a member at any time opens a PayPal dispute for any reason under any circumstances, this member will be permanently banned from SteadyOptions and will never again be able to purchase any of our products.

Grandfathering members

It is our policy to grandfather members at rates they originally subscribed as long as they maintain an active subscription. This applies to individual products and bundles. If you cancel a service or a bundle and wish to re subscribe, you will pay the price in effect at the time you re subscribe.

Thank you for your cooperation,
Kim

Hi,

I started with the free trail, and then took monthly subscriptions for a couple months.

I am now checking to take a 3 month or a yearly subscription but cannot quite figure out how to do it.

Since you don't accept any new members, prices are no longer mentioned on your subscription page ? What are the prices for a 3 month and a yearly subscription ?

Now in order to upgrade there is mentioned above:

"To do that, just cancel your current subscription 1-2 days before the renewal date and subscribe to a new term from the subscription page."

If I understand it well, I have to cancel in Paypal and suscribe to a new term on the SteadyOptions subscription page, is that right ??

But on that page there is mentioned "Closed to new members".

So how exactly do I upgrade and what are the prices for that ??

Looking forward to receiving your news on this

Edited by Belgacol

I have a separate question related to PayPal billing.

I'm currently subscribed to all 3 services using my personal PayPal account.

I have now formed a trading entity, complete with its own, separate PayPal account not.

Is there any way to get my billing switched over to the new entity PayPal account, or will I have to cancel and sign up again, potentially losing any of my grandfathered rates??

I have been advised by one of the members that PayPal is not using recurring payments correctly.

Instead of using the payment priority established by the customer, they've been using "backup" payments (a checking account instead of a credit card for example). 

The customer support agent admitted this is a known (and somewhat frequent) issue, and that the problematic payment had been added to a "list" so that it wouldn't happen again in the future.

I subscribed to the Anchor Trades subscription a couple of weeks back.  After the 10 day trial period I was charged for first month on last Friday.  I was surprised that there was a foreign transaction fee added.  Is this being billed in a non US dollar currency?  

1 hour ago, coldstonegardener said:

I subscribed to the Anchor Trades subscription a couple of weeks back.  After the 10 day trial period I was charged for first month on last Friday.  I was surprised that there was a foreign transaction fee added.  Is this being billed in a non US dollar currency?  

I'm not aware of any extra fee per se, but PayPal does charges exchange rate which is higher than "standard" exchange rate. This is one of the ways they make money, similar to banks.

1 hour ago, coldstonegardener said:

If you are paying in euros (because is the base currency of your account), it´s most probably your bank that is charging that extra commission,... apart from the higher exchange rate that paypal will apply.

You could need to find a bank that doesn´t charge commissions for payments in foreign currency.

5 minutes ago, PacMan said:

If you are paying in euros (because is the base currency of your account), it´s most probably your bank that is charging that extra commission,... apart from the higher exchange rate that paypal will apply.

You could need to find a bank that doesn´t charge commissions for payments in foreign currency.

Thanks for the feedback.  I am paying in US dollars and I thought the pricing on the Steady Options website was in US dollars so that is why I don't understand the foreign transaction fee.  I will take it up with PayPal even tho that is usually a waste of time.