SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

Yowster

2022 Year End Performance By Trade Type

Hi, I just received the email promoting Simple Spreads portfolio:

"I believe 2022 provided a very convincing answer.

While S&P 500 was down 20% and Nasdaq 33%, our SS model portfolio produced a 2.1% gain. Considering the bear market, and the strategy being a leveraged bullish strategy, I would consider this result beyond amazing. Thank you again @krisbee for navigating the trades through this challenging market!
I can only imagine how this strategy will perform in a bull market.."

Simple Spreads was already active in 2021 and I would consider it a bull market with S&P performing 26.89%, but  Simple Spread performend 0.4% in 2021. You might want to clarify why it would performe better in the next bull market than in the last.

Not sure why you are posting here. this is SO topic not SS.

Anyway, SS has a new manager since the beginning of 2022, and we revised the stock selection and the risk management. I'm sure SS will have an amazing performance when the next bull market comes, but it already saved the members tons of money during the bear market of 2022.

19 hours ago, Kim said:

Not sure why you are posting here. this is SO topic not SS.

Anyway, SS has a new manager since the beginning of 2022, and we revised the stock selection and the risk management. I'm sure SS will have an amazing performance when the next bull market comes, but it already saved the members tons of money during the bear market of 2022.

Thanks for your response. So the Lorintine Capital who were managing the SS before in 2021 (and offer Managed Accounts) were not qualified for performing in bull market and your new manager is more experienced in stock picking. In this case, let the bull market come.

1 hour ago, project said:

Thanks for your response. So the Lorintine Capital who were managing the SS before in 2021 (and offer Managed Accounts) were not qualified for performing in bull market and your new manager is more experienced in stock picking. In this case, let the bull market come.

This is your interpretation..