SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

I'm sending this to the General topic so anybody can see it.  I've been using TOS for 20 years and this is the first bug I've come across.  When setting up a trade in QQQ and IWM, I already had my longs, shorts and expirations loaded into the "Positions and Simulated Trades" window.  I was changing around the strikes to configure the trade.  When I chose a strike that was not in a specific expiration, instead of the price changing to "Not Traded", it changed the expiration to one that contained the strike.  It could have caused a massive mistake, having the trading platform automatically change an expiration.  I checked both IWM and QQQ, the problem occurred on both.  It may be specific to the daily expirations that these super liquid ETF's have.  I checked TSM and MS to see if it was platform wide and the problem didn't occur there.  Then I created a support ticket and they told me that this had been reported before and that it could happen on any ticker, that it had been reported to the software guys.  I suggested that TOS might want to warn people until it was fixed and that I would like to be notified when it was fixed so I could stop worrying about that behavior, TOS personnel responded that there wouldn't be any notifications, that the repair will come out in a future update.  No idea when that will be.

So it would be a good idea to always recheck your expiration dates on TOS just prior to sending a trade.