SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

kawhi058

success stories

Hello all,

I signed up for a trial last week and I have pored over the forums since. I see a lot of posts from people who are learning and trying to get it right. But I don't see enough success stories, especially from the ones who are surpassing Steady Options performance. 

I'm not doubting these success stories exist. So I thought I'd open the floodgates for success stories to pour in through this topic. 

I feel the need to observe people who say "hey, look, I've done it, I've achieved 100%+ returns." Kim said there are hundreds of people like this. I don't see enough of them in these forums.

Regards,

I think a lot of people, myself included, tend to be lurkers and quiet readers more than active posters, so there's probably some selection bias happening either from those who are totally new and suffered multiple losing trades in succession and want to vent about it, or experienced traders who are actively contributing setups along with their trade history.

I joined SteadyOptions exactly 2 months ago today so I realize I'm still very new. But in that time, I've sustained an 80% net return over 66 trades (mixture of official trades and my own simple overnight long straddles/strangles). There have been some rough moments (case in point, the DIS hedged call fly or various failed calendars), and I have no expectation of ever attaining the official returns because they don't account for commissions or slippage, but I am still extremely pleased with the performance.

Attached is my SO trade log if you'd like to see how I arrived at that number. Cheers, and happy trading!

SO_trade_log_FlingThorn.xlsx

Edited by FlingThorn

9 hours ago, kawhi058 said:

I signed up for a trial last week and I have pored over the forums since. I see a lot of posts from people who are learning and trying to get it right. But I don't see enough success stories, especially from the ones who are surpassing Steady Options performance. 

If you see lots of posts from those learning, how did you miss the 10 times that amount of those commenting appreciatively.

@kawhi058 I guess I've never thought of writing a specific endorsement in a specific place, but I'm sure I've crowed about my success in different topics on this site 100 times in the almost 2 years I've been here.  The trade discussion posts are packed with thanks for great trades, really love those 2 day 15% profit trades @Yowster or @Kim, on and on.  Most of it is not consolidated in a single topic, but it is there if you look at the posts.  When you see these comments by people time and again that have been members of this site for multiple years, there is your commentary on how well the trades do.  I'm not sure I'll ever write a "Steady Options love letter", but I've commented on how good I'm doing many times.  Don't know how you missed them.

17 minutes ago, kawhi058 said:

@Ringandpinion  I've definitely come across your posts.

I just wanted something more comprehensive, that's all. Like what @FlingThorn posted.

It makes sense about having a specific location but maybe not the SO way.  One of the things I found frustrating early on was that there was a massive amount of info on how to do these trades spread out in many, many discussion topics.  Yeah, the "must read topics" cover the basics, but the nuance was spread out everywhere.  Eventually I realized that it would take a herculean effort to consolidate the knowledge spread out in all those different topics and I gained more by having to make notes and chase it down than if it was spoon fed to me.  I don't believe anyone will succeed at this without putting in a lot of effort but I have certainly succeeded with what I've learned here and I'm still learning.  I have looked at other trading sites and actually tried memberships in some recently, trying to learn whatever type of trading they were claiming to sell.  In every case, they were a failure.  But if I can succeed here, and am willing to put in the same effort with those other sites, why did I fail there?  Maybe said failure wasn't me, so I dropped the memberships.