SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

Kim

Member of the Month

85 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Kim said:

Member of the month award for November goes to @ChrisE mostly for his contribution to the SPY discussion.

Oh wow! I am speechless (and that's usually not one of my problems)!
Thank you so much @Kim and Team! I am humbled to receive this recognition, which I honestly don't think I deserve...  

In fact, I'm just a returning rookie who's tried his luck with SO a couple of years ago, but back then lacked the right attitude, tools, time, and dedication necessary to succeed. This being said, I have learned greatly from the grandmasters at work here, and from the community as a whole. I have made a plan with milestones and desired outcomes for my second chapter with SO, and I will keep you posted about my progress... :) 

I'll try to give back to this community (our shared virtual trading room, if you will) to the best of my abilities. Finding SO was my door- and eye-opener into the world of option trading. I couldn't have wished for better companions along this inspiring journey! 

Thank you very much indeed! This has truly made my day! 

Member of the month award for December goes to @TrustyJules

Probably doesn't surprise anyone, but end of the year is a good opportunity to recognize once again the tremendous contribution of this gentleman. This community wouldn't be the same without him.

Geez those are extremely generous words Kim - your community here has made me and others better traders. Lately my other job ripped my ability to focus on trading and perforce I had to scale back after also some bad luck at personal level (not trading). Certainly  I am hoping to be more active in 2023.

For all of you here that sometimes wonder what you can learn, just trying and explain what you are doing in a trade to other like minded persons online is sometimes enough to make you realise whether the idea is sound or poor. The fact you get helpful comments and/or sharp critiques is the added bonus. In any case I am happy and proud to be part of the community and value all of you my fellow traders on here even if I might critique you at times.

Happy 2023 to all.

Edited by TrustyJules
typo

Am really honored, thank you everyone.  To be honest, this month has been a little tough in terms of the recent string of losses.  These losing streaks do come up from time to time, but it only re-inforces the SteadyOptions way of appropriate sizing to limit risk/exposure so you live to fight another day.  Thanks again.

22 hours ago, poseidolginko said:

Am really honored, thank you everyone.  To be honest, this month has been a little tough in terms of the recent string of losses.  These losing streaks do come up from time to time, but it only re-inforces the SteadyOptions way of appropriate sizing to limit risk/exposure so you live to fight another day.  Thanks again.

Very true. It's important not to lose perspective, but some people are not able to look beyond the last 5 trades.. 

Wow, I'm surprised and a little embarrassed by this. Before this month, I had felt guilty for not contributing very much - the thing is that I spend about 5-6 months of the year travelling, and my two passions in life are trading and travelling. So this time, I bought myself a gangster laptop so I could trade whilst on the road. I've been exploring South America for four months and managed to get into many trades recently. And I'm trying to learn Spanish at the same time - something which is proving even harder than making calendars work in this low VIX climate. 

Anyway, I've been a member of SO for around 7 years, and have never looked back. It really is refreshing to have a great bunch of people who all want to help and grow. And of course, make money at the same time.  So, a massive 'Thank you' to everyone in this wonderful community!

Happy to be MOM again. Just trying my best to keep to the conversation going. There are so many tickers-- the buffet threads have been great reminders of what I've been missing. Q4 of 2022 earnings were a difficult time. Q1 of '23 shaped out really well. Here's to a productive Q2 starting in July!

Just now, Ringandpinion said:

Thanks @Kim.  I've felt that lately I have participated less in forum, It is good to be appreciated.  I recently moved from my long time residence and the move pulled my attention away from trading for a while.  But that is done and I have been able to focus on SO more.

Consider the award an encouragement to make your residence here and post even more! Congratulations in the mean time.

33 minutes ago, Kim said:

Member of the month award for September goes to @Romuald for his continuous contribution to the forum discussions and especially RIC trading ideas. 

Thank you so much for, once more, this award! I really enjoy chatting and sharing these interesting discussions about RIC trading ideas. And thank you to @Yowster for being so patient with me...