SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

OptionBuyers.com

"Options on Steroids" (Cordier's last book)

I have always been fascinated by the stories behind hedge funds that blew up. This is how I got on track to Cordier & Gross' book "The Complete Guide to Option Selling".

That said, I found out that there was a second book they had written, which had been due to publish in Feb last year under the name "Options on Steroids". However, due to the infamous BLOW-UP of the hegefund, this book never made it to print (yet). At least that I can find.

I am just curious if anyone knows if there is a chance in hell of this ever making it to print one day, or if a few alpha copies may have been floating about? I would be quite interested in taking a peek into it, even though the advice will be considered too risky by many I am sure.

Thanks guys.

I remember reading The Complete Guide to Option Selling about 6-7 years ago. I remember thinking, "Man, this guy really doesn't seem to know what he's talking about, but he's the one managing millions of client money, so maybe I'm just not educated enough on the subject to see the brilliance of this." Nope. 

Anyway, I'd be fascinated to read his new book if it ever gets released, if only for a laugh.

To be honest, reading the first book sort of makes sense to me. I have heard many people say that where he went wrong, is by NOT following his own advice in his own book. Though, to be even more honest, it was co-written with Gross as well.

I'm not looking to get into commodities and follow suit.... I swear!

1 hour ago, OptionBuyers.com said:

To be honest, reading the first book sort of makes sense to me. I have heard many people say that where he went wrong, is by NOT following his own advice in his own book. Though, to be even more honest, it was co-written with Gross as well.

I'm not looking to get into commodities and follow suit.... I swear!

There's no question he didn't follow his own advice--he apparently used no risk management whatsoever on the natural gas trade that blew up his fund. Just kept selling more and more calls into the huge rally.