SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

Yowster

2019 Year End Performance by Trade Type

Thank you @Yowsterfor an excellent summary as usual.

Most of the big losers happened in January 2019 (you can read a full analysis here), and few more in May. Since then we made some adjustments, and in the second half of 2019 the model portfolio was up 63%, which translates to annualized compounded return of 165%, in line or better with our previous years. Our core strategies continue to work very well. In fact, if we traded only straddles, calendars and ratios, the yearly return would be well over triple digits.

Hi,

Just looking at this and the steady options subscription page, and can't see if the recommendation is to use a cash or margin account.
So to be specific if I have a $20000 account and followed all of the trades this year, would it now be at $28000 with the 40% return?

Also and this is only slightly related, how do you deal with any allocations that occur?

Thanks

Hi Kim,

Thanks for the quick answer, I hadn't see the FAQ but it.

The last question was related to selling naked put options and how you handle any stock that is allocated to you, but I have now seen in the faq that you don't do that.

One last question, do I need to follow any particular thread to be notified about spaces opening on for the Steady Options Service?

Just now, nitsuj said:

Hi Kim,

Thanks for the quick answer, I hadn't see the FAQ but it.

The last question was related to selling naked put options and how you handle any stock that is allocated to you, but I have now seen in the faq that you don't do that.

One last question, do I need to follow any particular thread to be notified about spaces opening on for the Steady Options Service?

Okay, you mean assignment.. 

We don't sell naked puts, but assignment is still a risk in some cases because we trade calendar spreads where short options are involved. So if the stock moves too much, short options might become deep ITM and be assigned. This is very rare, but it could happen. In any case, this is not an issue because the stock will be fully hedged by the long leg of the calendar.

We will send an email to all registered members when we have available spots.