SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

DubMcDub

VolatilityHQ.com vs. ChartAffair.com

From what I can tell, these two services appear to be what most SO traders use for RV charting. Both seem to be good in quality. Does anyone have thoughts about how the two stack up against each other? Any key features in one but not the other? Any reason to subscribe to both?

I may end up just sampling both for awhile, but I would love to get some input from the rest of you first. No reason to spend money unnecessarily if one would better suit my needs.

Edited by DubMcDub

Hi @DubMcDub you ask an honest question (which I will refrain from answering since my opinion as the owner of chartaffair.com might not be what you are looking for).

However, what I can help you with (and anyone else interested) is a free test drive of Chartaffair.com so you get a chance to make your own personal informed choice. Just drop me a PM. When you do the test drive, for me the most interesting would be to know what exactly it is you are looking for. 

Edited by Christof+

@Christof+, are you still running Chartaffair?  I have a question the backtesting capabilities:   can it simulate a double calendar comprised of a pre-earnings strangle and a post-earnings strangle?  I'm assuming that the answer is yes, since hedged straddles can be modeled.  Thank you! 

On 12/15/2019 at 5:36 PM, Christof+ said:

Hi @DubMcDub you ask an honest question (which I will refrain from answering since my opinion as the owner of chartaffair.com might not be what you are looking for).

However, what I can help you with (and anyone else interested) is a free test drive of Chartaffair.com so you get a chance to make your own personal informed choice. Just drop me a PM. When you do the test drive, for me the most interesting would be to know what exactly it is you are looking for. 

Hi @Christof+, is there still a chance to get a free test drive of Chartaffair.com?