SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

Christof+

Chartaffair.com - RV Charts & Backtesting for Steady Options

291 posts in this topic

Hello @Christof+,

I just found your Real-Time RV Tool. So I reached out for a Office 2021 license but persistently ran into the same problem (see screenshot below):

I followed the instructions on your website but found my available settings of the tws API differing from those of your instructions (the first two). Furthermore I tried the stable and latest tws API version and the 32 and and 64bit Version of your spreadsheet, without any difference. I have a Windows 10 and Office 2021.

Any idea or suggestions?

image.png

image.png

@rigulator, a message like this has been reported to me a couple of times over the months. Unfortunately, I am unable to resolve it, I have not experienced it on my machine. Sorry that I cannot be of more help here. I know for sure that the calls to the API follow the rules and are correct. I heard in one case that it helped to install the IB API in the root of C:. But that is more guessing than knowing.

Just subscribed yesterday and appreciate all the data I can quickly review. I'm still getting the hang of SO trades after a hiatus-this should be very helpful. 

Anyway, I noticed RIVN looks quite a bit different than the official post from today. Many cycles appear to be missing. It is entirely possible this is my user error, but I thought I would highlight it here.

This is what I see.image.png

On 8/25/2019 at 7:34 AM, FrankTheTank said:

Thanks.   While you are at it....  :)

The backtest screener is a great addition but I find it hard to use practically.    One idea may be to have a custom screen called "Today's Opportunities" or  "This Week's Opportunities" which would be a pre-built custom screen showing all potential trades with:

-min. weekly volume of 500 contracts

-avg. return greater than 5%

-median return greater than 5%

-RVrel is less than +5%

-opening date (T-X) is Today or This week dedpending on the screen and regardless of exit date

This would show you quickly if there are any potential trades to be opened today or this week  :)

Thanks again.  

Dragging up an old post, but curious if this is possible in the current iteration of the tool. I've been trying to figure out a daily/weekly routine to get better at searching for opportunities and this seemed like a reasonable set of criteria to test out. I'm not sure I can actually do it though based on the mean and median return criteria. Is there a field in there that captures those ideas?

Hi @Christof+

I came across some symbols which are "not active" or which are missing an earnings date:

IOT not active
WBD not active
DOCS not active
DLO not active
BILL Not active
MNDY Not active
CHPT Not Active
BBBY No Earnings Date
POSH No Earnings Date
QS Not active
U Not active
GTLB Not active

Could you please check them?

Thanks!

HI @B15K3, Thanks for the headsup.

Currently, there are some issues with imported options data from around the Thanksgiving weekend. For that reason, there is data missing for the last days for a number of symbols at the moment.

I am working on resolving it. I will then check and if necessary add any of the symbols you mention. Latest Monday all should be back to normal.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

HI @Vkleniko Thanks for signing up, Sorry to see your post only now.

There should be tooltips on all fields.

The first column you refer to is the calender RV for a put calendar with a month distance between both legs (can be 4 or 5 weeks, depending on the month). 'RV45pw just shows the number of weeks used in the calculation. RV45c is for calls accordingly.

On 3/19/2024 at 12:25 PM, Christof+ said:

HI @Vkleniko Thanks for signing up, Sorry to see your post only now.

There should be tooltips on all fields.

The first column you refer to is the calender RV for a put calendar with a month distance between both legs (can be 4 or 5 weeks, depending on the month). 'RV45pw just shows the number of weeks used in the calculation. RV45c is for calls accordingly.

Thanks, @Christof+!