SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

siddharth

Email subject handling to easily manage mails

Hi @Kim, @Sbatch and @Yowster.

I am trying to create a set of email filters so I can filter out the time sensitive alerts to the ones that I can read at the end of the day for educational purposes. To this end, I have a few asks:

1) I get the trades mail with the ones "Trades" in the subject so that helps. Would it be possible to add the portfolio "SO, TO, PV" in those too. I see TreasuryOptions is added, but the others arent

2) Is it possible to get a seperate subject when a topic is created. Right now, I cant distinguish a topic creation to a comment is added on a topic. For example, I would have liked to get the DG topic created subject differently today so i can then react and place my own trade based on the thesis. I got to know the topic was created much later only filtering through everything else.

Thanks for all your help.

Edited by siddharth310584

1) I'm not sure this is feasible, might cause a lot of confusion. All Trades emails are time sensitive.

2) Every topic has a title, same one for new topics and replies, but the email says if it's a new topic or a reply.

32 minutes ago, Kim said:

1) I'm not sure this is feasible, might cause a lot of confusion. All Trades emails are time sensitive.

2) Every topic has a title, same one for new topics and replies, but the email says if it's a new topic or a reply.

for(2). the subject doesn't differentiate though. What I want is for new topics and trades to come to my inbox while the rest go to a folder I can peruse later. Given the subject is the same, I cant create a filter.

12 hours ago, siddharth310584 said:

for(2). the subject doesn't differentiate though. What I want is for new topics and trades to come to my inbox while the rest go to a folder I can peruse later. Given the subject is the same, I cant create a filter.

You can open a separate Gmail account for steady options. In the email list itself you can see which emails are trades and which are discussions. You can open the trade emails only.