SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

SBatch

PureVolatility's Tradier/Tradehawk Bundle Package

153 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, kannaiah said:

@ales19 I'm wondering, are you trying to open second account?

No, Tradier always said I wasn't eligible so I never managed to open one with them. I only managed to open accounts with Tastyworks (when it comes to ultra low cost brokers who clears through Apex)

Hi Everyone, thanks for the learning opportunity.

For tax purposes where I have tax domicile (not in the US) it is necessary that my trades in the US be made through a company instead of person. Currently my company has an account with Interactive Brokers. I consulted Tradier, Tastyworks, and Robinhood about opening a company account and everyone denied a company account.

I wonder if anyone has knowledge about a broker with cheaper rates than Interactive Brokers that accepts a company account.

Thank you in advance for your attention!

Edited by Flameirinhas

35 minutes ago, Flameirinhas said:

Hi Everyone, thanks for the learning opportunity.

For tax purposes where I have tax domicile (not in the US) it is necessary that my trades in the US be made through a company instead of person. Currently my company has an account with Interactive Brokers. I consulted Tradier, Tastyworks, and Robinhood about opening a company account and everyone denied a company account. 

I wonder if anyone has knowledge about a broker with cheaper rates than Interactive Brokers that accepts a company account.

Thank you in advance for your attention!

Fidelity's commissions are less than IB, but it's still not cheap, and they accept company accounts.

This response from Tradier when I asked about two accounts may help clarify:

If you switch to the TLT Elephant plan, it is $119 for your first account, $45 for the 2nd and free for the 3rd.  The $119 is refunded if you do at least 3,000 contracts in a month.  The $45 is refunded as well if you do over 5,000 contracts in the month.  The big difference here is the TLT plan includes the TradeHawk platform.  The $40 SteadyOptions plan does not include that.

On 1/30/2019 at 2:47 PM, aamaot said:

I currently use Robinhood for the CA trades. My fills have been pretty much identical to what is recommended. I don't get all the SO trades at the recommended prices.

I also have an IB account for backup. I use it mostly for the SPX trade since it is not available on Robinhood. @SBatchdo you know if you can trade SPX on the Tradier/Tradehawk bundle?

Also, mobile trading is essential. I do have an Apple device so I can use RHO (https://www.jellifin.com/start-trading)? 

I would consider consolidating to Tradier/Tradehawk if there are fill advantages and a one-stop shop. 

Thanks in advance. 

@aamaot for RH, besides SPX, what type of spreads/strategies are you able to trade? How is your experience with their platform? 

3 hours ago, Gen88 said:

@aamaot for RH, besides SPX, what type of spreads/strategies are you able to trade? How is your experience with their platform? 

I have traded all the SO and CA trades expect for SPX. The platform is very easy to use. The big issue is they have had some downtime over the past month - this morning was another one. I opened a Tradier/Tradehawk account today.

I have not used Tradier/Tradehawk yet. I have to figure out the mobile piece. Worse case you can use Rho for $40/mo. 

3 hours ago, Gen88 said:

For anyone who used Tradier/Tradehawk, is there any workaround using the mobile phone (iOS) to trade since they don’t have an app? Thanks.

You can either use the Tradier website on your mobile or also subscribe to the mobile app Rho.

3 minutes ago, Gen88 said:

Thanks I’ll take a closer look. Is today the last day to take advantage of the CA,tradier/TH deal?

The CA Tradier/TH bundle will be an ongoing promotion.  Today is the last day to lock in the Founder’s rate for CA subscription.

30 minutes ago, SBatch said:

The CA Tradier/TH bundle will be an ongoing promotion.  Today is the last day to lock in the Founder’s rate for CA subscription.

Thanks for the clarification!

I just tried to open an account using the link and the promo code and received the following error message "We are unable to open accounts for non-US residents".

That was even before I could specify my country of residence, so apparently it applies to all countries outside the US.

I've contacted Tradier via e-mail, hope they can help.

Great!  I just opened up a taxable account with the tradier/tradehawk package.  I am thinking about rolling over my IRA at some point, what are the best option friendly IRA's that would allow me to trade creating alpha and steady option strategies?  I have been looking into either Tradier/Tradehawk or TastyWorks because IB/TOS has restrictions on a lot of option trading strategies in an IRA.  Which do you recommend?

5 minutes ago, Gen88 said:

I’ve been trying to download demo version Tradehawk in windows version and keep getting an error saying the file is unsafe and then removed- anyone have this issue?

Just did it today with no problems. Windows 7 is what I am using,

8 hours ago, OptionsChurning said:

Great!  I just opened up a taxable account with the tradier/tradehawk package.  I am thinking about rolling over my IRA at some point, what are the best option friendly IRA's that would allow me to trade creating alpha and steady option strategies?  I have been looking into either Tradier/Tradehawk or TastyWorks because IB/TOS has restrictions on a lot of option trading strategies in an IRA.  Which do you recommend?

Hi @OptionsChurning.  You are misinformed about IB/TOS having IRA limitations preventing the spread strategies used here.  I have option-spread enabled IRA accounts at IB, TOS and Tradier.  You simply need to complete the proper paperwork with the broker before they'll allow spreads.  

Which one is the best, well, they all have their pros/cons and it's impossible to answer for you.  I'd suggest starting with one and then migrate if another better suits your needs, or split your funds between a few like I did.  

@Kim @SBatch I got an email today from Tradier saying:

We are reaching out today in regards to your TradeHawk/Tradier Brokerage subscription through TLT Elephant/Creating Alpha.  It appears that you have not subscribed with TLT Elephant/Creating Alpha and are therefore not eligible for that promotion at this time.  If you wish to continue your subscription, please sign up with Creating Alpha here:https://steadyoptions.com/subscribe/

I am subscribed to CA through the SO bundle. My Tradier account email is the same as my SO email. Is there something I need to do such that they can see it?

Thanks!

Edited by ex3y7s

Important note on this benefit.  Members must maintain a CA or bundle subscription in order to maintain the TradeHawk promotion.  We verify with Tradier weekly and those that cancel their subscription with CA/bundle will also lose the Tradier/TradeHawk special offer.  If those that cancel wish to be reinstated again in the future, they will have to subscribe again at the higher CA rates.

To clarify further on pricing: we grandfather members at rates they signed up for as long as they maintain an active subscription. Once they cancel, they lose the privilege to be grandfathered. 

Based on industry prices, we believe CA is worth north of $120/month, and the prices will increase once the service has a longer track record. Those who signed up at $57/month will be very happy they did if they stick around.

1 hour ago, Hany said:

Is anyone using Rho to manage trades opened in Tradehawk?  If so, how do you like it?  Does it give you alerts when trades are filled?  Thanks.

Rho is very basic. I don't think it's that great. No alerts. You can try it for free with your Tradier account. 

7 hours ago, aamaot said:

Rho is very basic. I don't think it's that great. No alerts. You can try it for free with your Tradier account. 

I like basic. Basic is good, but I will need some sort of trade alert or notification on my phone because I can’t sit in front of my computer all day. Without the notifications, I may not be able to use Tradier. Does anyone know whether tradehawk is rolling out a mobile app anytime soon?

Edited by Hany

1 hour ago, Hany said:

I like basic. Basic is good, but I will need some sort of trade alert or notification on my phone because I can’t sit in front of my computer all day. Without the notifications, I may not be able to use Tradier. Does anyone know whether tradehawk is rolling out a mobile app anytime soon?

While not exactly the solution you (and I) are looking for, the TradeHawk platform will send you an SMS text message when an order fills so at least you are aware of that.  You can then use Rho to work any orders you have placed that haven't filled.  But unfortunately (along with lack of notifications in the current version) I've found Rho is really no better than the Tradier web app at creating order tickets of multi-legged spreads.

7 hours ago, luxmon said:

While not exactly the solution you (and I) are looking for, the TradeHawk platform will send you an SMS text message when an order fills so at least you are aware of that.  You can then use Rho to work any orders you have placed that haven't filled.  But unfortunately (along with lack of notifications in the current version) I've found Rho is really no better than the Tradier web app at creating order tickets of multi-legged spreads.

I've been playing with the tradier web via mobile and robinhood app.  Robinhood is no interactive brokers (my favorite trading app) when it comes to function, but order entry is faster than tradier and you get instant alerts on fills, canceled orders etc

I am currently having issues placing trades on Tradier. I called Tradier, and they are having system issues. 

For my purposes, I don't think Tradier is any better than Robinhood and IB combo I was using. I thinking I'm going back to RH and IB.  

1 minute ago, aamaot said:

I am currently having issues placing trades on Tradier. I called Tradier, and they are having system issues. 

For my purposes, I don't think Tradier is any better than Robinhood and IB combo I was using. I thinking I'm going back to RH and IB.  

Tradier is hot garbage this morning.  As much of a pain it is, I've found it's best to diversify across several brokerage houses and use each for their unique advantages.

All brokers have technical issues.  It has been fully resolved at this point and they acknowledge it was an issue.  They will be following up with an email, but I have had WAY worse experiences with IB, LightSpeed, eOption and SpeedTrader, so let's keep it in context.

I got to test out the new tradier dash and using Rho. For the Rho app, when I created a multileg order, it doesn’t seem to have the mid price for the whole trade, but it does on dash. Anyone know if Rho would be able to show the mid and how to set it up?

7 minutes ago, Arthur said:

I completed the paperwork 10 days ago and haven't heard from Tradier since. Sent them an e-mail 2 days ago, but haven't received any response yet.

Ok, good to know at least I am not the only one. I am assuming they have been overwhelmed by the number of new subscribers from the CA promotion maybe?

If anyone (non US) has completed the sign-up it would be nice to know what the approximate time frame was.

Edited by ales19

On 1/29/2019 at 11:43 PM, Kim said:

If you are referring to CA subscriptions at $57/month (not Tradier deal), we will have a grace period of 1 month for those who will wish to convert to annual after the rates go up.

Can you please confirm how much CA annual subscriptions fee would be for those that have already subscribed (a $57 per month) and wish to convert to the annual plan?

Edited by pboongird
add clarification

@Kim @SBatch sorry to bug you about this, but do you know if they are having issues processing new accounts for international clients at Tradier?

I wrote them a few times and I keep getting told my account will be activated overnight, but it never happens.

Given that I started the process at the beginning of February it seems a bit odd that I still haven't got an active account (there is also the matter of having missed out on the free trading month, but at this point I'd just be happy to get the account opened).

As it seems I am not the only one (@Arthur above seems to be in the same boat) I thought I'd see if you have any info that could help us either move the process along or at least understand what the reason for the hold up is. Thanks.

1 hour ago, ales19 said:

@Kim @SBatch sorry to bug you about this, but do you know if they are having issues processing new accounts for international clients at Tradier?

I wrote them a few times and I keep getting told my account will be activated overnight, but it never happens.

Given that I started the process at the beginning of February it seems a bit odd that I still haven't got an active account (there is also the matter of having missed out on the free trading month, but at this point I'd just be happy to get the account opened).

As it seems I am not the only one (@Arthur above seems to be in the same boat) I thought I'd see if you have any info that could help us either move the process along or at least understand what the reason for the hold up is. Thanks.

From Tradier:

Scott,

We opened this account late last week and we are in the process of setting up his user, it should be completed soon.  I have been in email contact with the client.

2 minutes ago, SBatch said:

From Tradier:

Scott,

We opened this account late last week and we are in the process of setting up his user, it should be completed soon.  I have been in email contact with the client.

Thanks for looking into this @SBatch, much appreciated.

It's a similar response to what I got a couple of times already but it seems they are working on it so hopefully they will complete it soon.

At least now we know there are no serious issues.

Cheers