SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

SBatch

PureVolatility's Tradier/Tradehawk Bundle Package

153 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, anand331 said:

@SBatch, will the monthly subscriptions to CA (not annual) be grandfathered and allow subsequent conversion to annual at grandfathered rates? I want to get a better handle on my volumes for a few months and then decide to convert to annual.

If you are referring to CA subscriptions at $57/month (not Tradier deal), we will have a grace period of 1 month for those who will wish to convert to annual after the rates go up.

4 minutes ago, SBatch said:

The following important additional details have been added to the first post:

BILLING PROCESS:

On the first of the month Tradier will bill the account $119.  On the first of the following month the account will be reviewed to determine if the 3,000 contract threshold was met during the previous month.  If so, the account will be credited the $119.  For those interested in having their contract totals tabulated occasionally throughout the month, Tradier will provide this service complimentary to CA subscribers.  Simply email support@tradierbrokerage.com with your request.

This is not pro-rata, it's a clean cut-off at 3000 (2999 you are out and 3000 you are in) correct?

thanks

honestly, even if you don't reach the 3000 mark it is still a better deal than any other broker I know. even with a $10,000 allocation on CA TLT trades on a low cost broker like tastyworks, you easily reach the $120 mark just with the opening trade sometimes, so all trades after that would be "free" with this deal.

the only thing I don't really understand is why as recently as 2-3 months ago the Tradier guys told me they don't open accounts for Italian residents.. even though i told them i already had an account with tastyworks... odd, but oh well.

Edited by ales19

On 1/26/2019 at 9:16 PM, SBatch said:

No separate SO/CA/Tradier fee.

Just to clarify. What does the "No separate SO/CA/Tradier fee" mean?

On 1/26/2019 at 9:16 PM, SBatch said:

THOSE CURRENTLY SUBSCRIBED TO THE SO/TH PLAN FOR $109 CAN CONVERT TO THIS PLAN FOR $109 WHEN UNDER 3,000 CONTRACTS VIA TRADIER’s GRANDFATHER OFFER.

Is it a typo on the current subscriber rate above? It should be $99 instead of $109 as anand331 mentioned?

Also, if I'm not mistaken, the previous $99 offer is only for unlimited options trading? So, please correct me if I'm wrong... the benefits of converting to this CA deal would be two folds 1. getting the unlimited stock trading for $10 extra and 2. get in for the 3,000 discount deal to waive the fee altogether

14 minutes ago, pboongird said:

Just to clarify. What does the "No separate SO/CA/Tradier fee" mean?

Is it a typo on the current subscriber rate above? It should be $99 instead of $109 as anand331 mentioned?

Also, if I'm not mistaken, the previous $99 offer is only for unlimited options trading? So, please correct me if I'm wrong... the benefits of converting to this CA deal would be two folds 1. getting the unlimited stock trading for $10 extra and 2. get in for the 3,000 discount deal to waive the fee altogether

What does the "No separate SO/CA/Tradier fee" mean?  The current SO offer has an SO fee of $40.  

Is it a typo on the current subscriber rate above? It should be $99 instead of $109 as anand331 mentioned?  It depends on when people subscribed as there are grandfathered rates as low as $79 for the SO/TH bundle.  Bottom line, current subscribers will have their current rate grandfathered over to the new plan.

The benefits of converting to this CA deal would be two folds 1. getting the unlimited stock trading for $10 extra and 2. get in for the 3,000 discount deal to waive the fee altogether?

Correct.

@SBatch: I have cancelled the Creating Alpha subscription due to the not possibility to follow your trades. For me there were to much updates I could not follow always in time. 

I am stil using TradeHawk and Tradier. I am now thinking if it does make to follow Elephant. Will be there similar high activity as before?

2 minutes ago, mustafaoe said:

@SBatch: I have cancelled the Creating Alpha subscription due to the not possibility to follow your trades. For me there were to much updates I could not follow always in time. 

I am stil using TradeHawk and Tradier. I am now thinking if it does make to follow Elephant. Will be there similar high activity as before?

The Elephant will average about one trade per day (potentially consisting of multiple spreads).

Couple of clarifications, I have enrolled in the Creating Alpha yesterday and being new member was offered the 10 day trial , with the current rate of $57/month.

I will be getting this rate correct, and the not new increased rate going into effect from Feb.

Also between ONE and TradeHawk, which one has the superior execution platform, better fills and platform features. I will really appreciate if anyone who has tried both and had experience share their valuable opinion and insight.

Thank you.

14 minutes ago, Matt S said:

Couple of clarifications, I have enrolled in the Creating Alpha yesterday and being new member was offered the 10 day trial , with the current rate of $57/month.

I will be getting this rate correct, and the not new increased rate going into effect from Feb.

Also between ONE and TradeHawk, which one has the superior execution platform, better fills and platform features. I will really appreciate if anyone who has tried both and had experience share their valuable opinion and insight.

Thank you.

Correct, your rate will not increase.  Fills will not differ regardless of platform.  ONE is a phenomenal resource for option modeling but it is not fully integrated into Tradier brokerage whereas TradeHawk is (and that is where we are offering the discounted bundle package).  That being said, TradeHawk has modeling capability but not as robust as ONE.  TradeHawk is a phenomenal platform for submitting orders, managing risk, the overall portfolio, etc.  ONE is the next level modeling software.

@Sbatch, thank you very much for the reply and clarification.

So it boils down to how much the difference in modeling between both makes how much difference to the trading ?

I am of the opinion that for what i do, order execution, managing risk and the overall portfolio is important. So should I be going with ONE or TradeHawk, , just evaluating ?

Any other thoughts from other members, please advise.

Just now, Matt S said:

@Sbatch, thank you very much for the reply and clarification.

So it boils down to how much the difference in modeling between both makes how much difference to the trading ?

I am of the opinion that for what i do, order execution, managing risk and the overall portfolio is important. So should I be going with ONE or TradeHawk, , just evaluating ?

Any other thoughts from other members, please advise.

I would simply start with TradeHawk.  You get February for free, so you can test with no commitment.  I believe TradeHawk will be more than enough to suit your needs at this stage.

Thank you @Sbatch, I just signed up with them for a paper trading yesterday and haven't gotten the login credentials yet, I read through Kim's post on this, but did not find anywhere on how to get the February free, is this for live account and how do i avail the Feb free promotion.

1 minute ago, Matt S said:

Thank you @Sbatch, I just signed up with them for a paper trading yesterday and haven't gotten the login credentials yet, I read through Kim's post on this, but did not find anywhere on how to get the February free, is this for live account and how do i avail the Feb free promotion.

Once you take the next step and open the brokerage account with Tradier you will use the below link (which is also located in the first post of this thread) and specify the TLT Elephant promotion.  This will lock you into the CA Tradier/TradeHawk bundle at the listed prices and give you February of 2019 for free:

https://brokerage.tradier.com/signup/getting-started?platform=78

Question: how does that work if you have multiple accounts ? like a brokerage account and several ira ? Are you getting charged per account ? Or the 3000 limit are counted on the trades of all accounts ?

4 hours ago, Djtux said:

Question: how does that work if you have multiple accounts ? like a brokerage account and several ira ? Are you getting charged per account ? Or the 3000 limit are counted on the trades of all accounts ?

Good news.  From Tradier:

For additional accounts, we will give the customer $0 commission trading for $45/month.  That is refunded with 2,000 contacts.  This can be in the account independently or 5,000 contracts across the 2 accounts.

I currently use Robinhood for the CA trades. My fills have been pretty much identical to what is recommended. I don't get all the SO trades at the recommended prices.

I also have an IB account for backup. I use it mostly for the SPX trade since it is not available on Robinhood. @SBatchdo you know if you can trade SPX on the Tradier/Tradehawk bundle?

Also, mobile trading is essential. I do have an Apple device so I can use RHO (https://www.jellifin.com/start-trading)? 

I would consider consolidating to Tradier/Tradehawk if there are fill advantages and a one-stop shop. 

Thanks in advance. 

11 minutes ago, aamaot said:

I currently use Robinhood for the CA trades. My fills have been pretty much identical to what is recommended. I don't get all the SO trades at the recommended prices.

I also have an IB account for backup. I use it mostly for the SPX trade since it is not available on Robinhood. @SBatchdo you know if you can trade SPX on the Tradier/Tradehawk bundle?

Also, mobile trading is essential. I do have an Apple device so I can use RHO (https://www.jellifin.com/start-trading)? 

I would consider consolidating to Tradier/Tradehawk if there are fill advantages and a one-stop shop. 

Thanks in advance. 

Fills at RH and Tradier will be identical as they both clear with Apex.  SPX commissions will be .35 per contract at Tradier moving forward (they are a little less currently).

2 minutes ago, SBatch said:

Fills at RH and Tradier will be identical as they both clear with Apex.  SPX commissions will be .35 at Tradier moving forward (they are a little less currently).

Thanks, @SBatch . Unless I am missing something, other than saving a little on IB SPX trades, the Tradier/Trade Hawk bundle doesn't benefit my situation.  

48 minutes ago, SBatch said:

Fills at RH and Tradier will be identical as they both clear with Apex.  SPX commissions will be .35 per contract at Tradier moving forward (they are a little less currently).

Just to let you know that i believe that at the end of 2018, Robinhood seems to have moved their clearing in-house : https://blog.robinhood.com/news/2018/10/9/introducing-clearing-by-robinhood

19 minutes ago, aamaot said:

Thanks, @SBatch . Unless I am missing something, other than saving a little on IB SPX trades, the Tradier/Trade Hawk bundle doesn't benefit my situation.  

The platform is superior in my opinion.  Also, they don’t allow for entity accounts, which all full-time traders would benefit from creating.

37 minutes ago, aamaot said:

I've used both TradeHawk and Robinhood. I feel Tradehawk, although cosmetically not as good as RH, the usability is far better - from creating spreads/adjusting orders and managing trades. 

Also RH sometimes does not allow 1 cent increments which can be pretty annoying at times.

Regarding mobile app - TradeHawk apparently is working on an app (don't quote me on this though)

Just now, mimbe said:

I've used both TradeHawk and Robinhood. I feel Tradehawk, although cosmetically not as good as RH, the usability is far better - from creating spreads/adjusting orders and managing trades. 

Also RH sometimes does not allow 1 cent increments which can be pretty annoying at times.

Regarding mobile app - TradeHawk apparently is working on an app (don't quote me on this though)

I think this the iOS app https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rho-finance/id1412474950?ls=1&mt=8 

11 minutes ago, mimbe said:

Yes, simplicity of order entry is unparalleled at TradeHawk.

For clarification, TradeHawk is currently working on a mobile app.  In the meantime Rho is available to Tradier users at $40 per month for subscribers that require a more robust mobile app than Tradier’s web platform provides.

I've been using Trend for Tradier for a couple of years now (got it as a free-add on at some point while conversing with someone at Tradier about their web order entry shortcomings).  I would just add that Trend is also worth a look as a cheap simple Tradier platform for stock watchlist, option matrix, and spread order entry/management if you don't think you'll trade 3000 contracts a month.  Just fyi.

I've been demo'ing TradeHawk for the last few days and it has a lot more bells and whistles for sure, and if I feel the volume will be there might add that as well through this deal.  My biggest beef is lack of an option for a light motif (like Trend and other platforms).

3 minutes ago, luxmon said:

I've been using Trend for Tradier for a couple of years now (got it as a free-add on at some point while conversing with someone at Tradier about their web order entry shortcomings).  I would just add that Trend is also worth a look as a cheap simple Tradier platform for stock watchlist, option matrix, and spread order entry/management if you don't think you'll trade 3000 contracts a month.  Just fyi.

I've been demo'ing TradeHawk for the last few days and it has a lot more bells and whistles for sure, and if I feel the volume will be there might add that as well through this deal.  My biggest beef is lack of an option for a light motif (like Trend and other platforms).

That’s interesting as the light motif was one of my first requests.  I had a TON of requests, all of which were fulfilled by TH but they explained to me a light theme would essentially be a total overhaul so we all agreed it would be pushed to the bottom of this list.

Hey guys.  Here is how I see things, and please correct me if I am wrong.

1.  Tradier is a broker and TradeHawk is a platform that has orders processed through Tradier.

2.  TradeHawk normally charges $159 per month for unlimited stock and options trades.

3.  As an SteadyOptions member, the $159 per month is reduced to $119 per month.

4.  This $119 per month fee is waived if more than 3000 contracts are traded in that month.

5.  With the $119 per month rate, trading is entirely free if 3000 contracts are traded per month except for exchange and regulatory fees that are approximately $0.09 per contract.

6.  With the $119 per month rate, Tradier's pricing is not applicable (https://brokerage.tradier.com/pricing).  In other words, Tradier will not charge $0.35 per options contract.

7.  Anyone who opens a new account now with Tradier will be able to trade in the month of February 2019 for free.

8.  Alternatively, a SteadyOptions member can get unlimited options trades (but not stock trades) for a rate of $109 per month in TradeHawk, but that fee is not waived if a certain number of contracts are traded per month.

9.  On top of the $119 (or $109) per month rate, a SteadyOptions member can sign up for CreatingAlpha for an additional $57 per month if that member signs on before February 1.  Rates go up after February 1.

10.  Finally, if a user of Tradier/TradeHawk wants a mobile app, one called Rho is available for an Apple device for an additional $40 per month.

Are all of these statements correct?  If not, can someone please clarify?  Thank you!

Edited by Hany

On 1/27/2019 at 4:21 PM, Kim said:

Based on feedback from our members over years, IB used to have superior fills compared to brokers like TOS, eTrade, Fidelity, Schwab etc.

However, when those newer brokers (Tradier and tastyworks) started to operate, the fills reported by members are comparable to IB. I think the main reason is that unlike brokers like Fidelity or Schwab, Tradier and tastytrade are very options friendly.

Overall, I don't think it's a zero sum game. With IB, you would pay around 20-25% of your account value per year. And IB is still considered one of the cheapest. If you can reduce it to just few hundred dollars with Tradier, that's huge. I wish I could switch - I wouldn't think twice.

Hi Kim

I am resident in Ireland. I can't sign up to Tradier as they don't do Ireland, SBatch has suggested I use Tastyworks so I am going to try them and see how it goes. Thanks SBatch. My question for you is " Why can't you use Tradier?"  Is it because they don't do Canada and Ireland?? 

By the way my commissions were over 6,000$ for IB in 2018 so if I can save  a few hundred $'s with Tastyworks and their fills are just as good as IB I will switch.  I use my Smartphone ( Android) a lot to do trades on the run so I am hoping I will be able to use their mobile app as well.

Edited by mccoyb53
clarification

7 hours ago, Hany said:

Hey guys.  I have a PhD in molecular biology and I used to be a scientist at Harvard, so I don't think I am dumb but I'm having trouble keeping everything straight.  Here is how I see things, and please correct me if I am wrong.

1.  Tradier is a broker and TradeHawk is a platform that has orders processed through Tradier.

2.  TradeHawk normally charges $159 per month for unlimited stock and options trades.

3.  As an SteadyOptions member, the $159 per month is reduced to $119 per month.

4.  This $119 per month fee is waived if more than 3000 contracts are traded in that month.

5.  With the $119 per month rate, trading is entirely free if 3000 contracts are traded per month except for exchange and regulatory fees that are approximately $0.09 per contract.

6.  With the $119 per month rate, Tradier's pricing is not applicable (https://brokerage.tradier.com/pricing).  In other words, Tradier will not charge $0.35 per options contract.

7.  Anyone who opens a new account now with Tradier will be able to trade in the month of February 2019 for free.

8.  Alternatively, a SteadyOptions member can get unlimited options trades (but not stock trades) for a rate of $109 per month in TradeHawk, but that fee is not waived if a certain number of contracts are traded per month.

9.  On top of the $119 (or $109) per month rate, a SteadyOptions member can sign up for CreatingAlpha for an additional $57 per month if that member signs on before February 1.  Rates go up after February 1.

10.  Finally, if a user of Tradier/TradeHawk wants a mobile app, one called Rho is available for an Apple device for an additional $40 per month.

Are all of these statements correct?  If not, can someone please clarify?  Thank you!

I believe you got it right - except for #8. I think $109 is not applicable anymore, some members are grandfathered at that rate, but new members normally pay $159.

#9 - you have to be CA member to get the $119 promotion. Otherwise you pay $159 for TradeHawk/Tradier combo (or can do $40/month for Tradier only via our old promotion.

1 minute ago, BJK said:

Guys, why not Firstrade? My understanding there are no commissions.

I had a horrible experience with Firstrade. I could not place a multi-leg custom order. Support is horrible - it's been two days and I still have not heard back. 

1 minute ago, aamaot said:

I had a horrible experience with Firstrade. I could not place a multi-leg custom order. Support is horrible - it's been two days and I still have not heard back. 

I also noticed there are no custom trades. But can't you just create more than one trade?

1 minute ago, BJK said:

I also noticed there are no custom trades. But can't you just create more than one trade?

I guess you can, but that seems to be a waste of time when you are opening and closing trades.

You also can't do multi-leg option trades on their mobile app. 

I think we should all be very grateful to @SBatchfor working out this deal. As far as I know, this is the best deal available today in the industry, when you combine commissions, execution, platform and customer support. If you have a 20k portfolio, that translates to 0.6% cost of your portfolio for commissions, even if you do less than 3,000 contracts. For 50k portfolio, it is 0.24%. You cannot beat it.

2 minutes ago, Kim said:

I think we should all be very grateful to @SBatchfor working out this deal. As far as I know, this is the best deal available today in the industry, when you combine commissions, execution, platform and customer support. If you have a 20k portfolio, that translates to 0.6% cost of your portfolio for commissions, even if you do less than 3,000 contracts. For 50k portfolio, it is 0.24%. You cannot beat it.

Execution is critically important. This deal would save me about 67% on my current commissions. My commissions are just out of control right now.

Hi @SBatch. I have subscribed to CA service. I was already subscribed to SO+Tradier+TradeHawk. Is there a link to request Tradier to enroll me for the new CA+Tradier+TradeHawk package at grandfathered rates? I tried to go through this massive thread but didn't find anything. Would you mind posting the instructions for doing that? Maybe those instructions can be under a new pinned topic that doesn't allow discussions.

I joined SO in September, on IB paid around $500 in commissions for $10k allocation. I didn't think I'll be paying this much in commissions before 😞

Is this what people on IB see as well? Could someone post what they paid in commissions to TastyWorks in the past.

I tried to follow trades as closely as possible but made mistakes like wrongly closing trades or sometimes not closing trades. So far I'm down by a bit without mistakes I should have been in positive (or without commissions).

@anand331Just email support@tradierbrokerage.com and state what you need. I think using the email you registered with Tradier will make thing simpler. You will receive a reply shortly with further instruction (you will need to esign a document similar to what you did when you first open the account).

I put "Creating Alpha (CA) promo $109" in the subject.

Hope this helps.

20 minutes ago, ales19 said:

Any ETA on the list?

Turns out from a compliance standpoint w ecan’t post it.  Any interested parties should simply email Tradier at service@tradierbrokerage.com to determine if their country is eligible.

19 minutes ago, anand331 said:

Hi @SBatch. I have subscribed to CA service. I was already subscribed to SO+Tradier+TradeHawk. Is there a link to request Tradier to enroll me for the new CA+Tradier+TradeHawk package at grandfathered rates? I tried to go through this massive thread but didn't find anything. Would you mind posting the instructions for doing that? Maybe those instructions can be under a new pinned topic that doesn't allow discussions.

From the first post of this thread:

Those that already have a subscription with Tradier, but would like to switch to this offer simply need to email Tradier at service@tradierbrokerage.com (the February fee waiver will not apply to existing Tradier client's as there is no account setup to be done).

Just now, SBatch said:

Turns out from a compliance standpoint w ecan’t post it.  Any interested parties should simply email Tradier at service@tradierbrokerage.com to determine if their country is eligible.

That's the thing, They keep telling me Italy is not eligible (most recently a month or so ago) but in the list it was marked as orange (so from memory eligible).

What confuses me even more is that Tastyworks (clears through Apex) allows Italy (in fact I have an account open with them), so I am not sure what the issue is as the Tradier guys did not answer the email I sent with this specific question.

Just now, ales19 said:

That's the thing, They keep telling me Italy is not eligible (most recently a month or so ago) but in the list it was marked as orange (so from memory eligible).

What confuses me even more is that Tastyworks (clears through Apex) allows Italy (in fact I have an account open with them), so I am not sure what the issue is as the Tradier guys did not answer the email I sent with this specific question.

Orange on the list was acceptable, I would simply email them now.