SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

gowthamn

Broker for my requirements

I see a HUGE thread related to broker selection. But it is difficult to find an answer for my requirements.

My requirements are:

• I do NOT care about advanced analysis and P/L diagrams. I have another software for that. Just need to execute orders.
  • Fills should be comparable to ToS. So fills should be good.
  • Has to have an android mobile app which can do multi-leg (up to 4 legs) trades.
  • My current commission with ToS is 0.5 per contract and I have no ticket fee. Looking to reduce the brokerage drastically.

Any suggestions?

17 hours ago, gowthamn said:

I see a HUGE thread related to broker selection. But it is difficult to find an answer for my requirements.

My requirements are:

• I do NOT care about advanced analysis and P/L diagrams. I have another software for that. Just need to execute orders.
  • Fills should be comparable to ToS. So fills should be good.
  • Has to have an android mobile app which can do multi-leg (up to 4 legs) trades.
  • My current commission with ToS is 0.5 per contract and I have no ticket fee. Looking to reduce the brokerage drastically.

Any suggestions?

I really like ib's mobile platform.  In fact I dont know last time I actually loaded TWS up on my laptop.  Very quick and easy to put spreads together. I haven't checked out tastyworks yet, but their product selection does not compare to ib at this time.  As far as commission cost I really don't know for sure I don't pay too much attention to it I just know they are very competitive but in the Forum Kim mentioned are a few other options that would save you money in this regard

I'm using tradier/tradehawk. I'm told a mobile app is in the works. But till then I've been doing a remote connect to my desktop (always connected at home) from my phone to access tradehawk. Its clunky but definitely works. I've definitely saved a lot in commissions.

I've used Robinhood as well in the past but fills can be iffy and sometimes you have to go in 5 cent increments which is a big turn off. 

3 minutes ago, mimbe said:

I'm using tradier/tradehawk. I'm told a mobile app is in the works. But till then I've been doing a remote connect to my desktop (always connected at home) from my phone to access tradehawk. Its clunky but definitely works. I've definitely saved a lot in commissions.

I've used Robinhood as well in the past but fills can be iffy and sometimes you have to go in 5 cent increments which is a big turn off. 

So Tradier is comparable to ToS for fills?