SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

Kim

We are Expanding our Model Portfolio!

Dear members,

Many of our current and former members know our long time mentor @Yowster for his highly valuable contributions to SteadyOptions community. Many of you learned to appreciate his high professionalism and patience. 

I'm pleased to inform all members that going forward @Yowster will start contributing trades to our official model portfolio. This will allow us to expand the quantity and the quality of our trades, sometimes providing a slightly different angle and perspective.

SteadyOptions is getting even better! Now you will get official trades from two traders for the price of one! This means more selection and more diversity.

Those who followed @Kim to get the posts in trades and discussions forums, please don't forget to follow @Yowster. Of course you can also continue following the forums and the topics.

Have a good trading!

This is great news... @Yowster is a star like you Kim!

Any chance we could se some ultra short term trade ideas holding calendars through earnings? (buying calendar day before earnings, closing day after) for low vol. earnings moves?

14 hours ago, Kim said:

Dear members,

Many of our current and former members know our long time mentor @Yowster for his highly valuable contributions to SteadyOptions community. Many of you learned to appreciate his high professionalism and patience. 

I'm pleased to inform all members that going forward @Yowster will start contributing trades to our official model portfolio. This will allow us to expand the quantity and the quality of our trades, sometimes providing a slightly different angle and perspective.

SteadyOptions is getting even better! Now you will get official trades from two traders for the price of one! This means more selection and more diversity.

Those who followed @Kim to get the posts in trades and discussions forums, please don't forget to follow @Yowster. Of course you can also continue following the forums and the topics.

Have a good trading!

Good news @Kim @Yowster 

Kim, Most of the time, official portfolio is fully loaded according to the expected setup (around 5 full position trades open). I'm not sure how Yowster's trade can fit in it? are we going to have 1 more 10k portfolio OR, you'll reduce your trade entries to give room for Yowster?

4 minutes ago, krisbee said:

Good news @Kim @Yowster 

Kim, Most of the time, official portfolio is fully loaded according to the expected setup (around 5 full position trades open). I'm not sure how Yowster's trade can fit in it? are we going to have 1 more 10k portfolio OR, you'll reduce your trade entries to give room for Yowster?

We are not having another 10k portfolio. Our target allocation is around 60-70%, so we will probably have more trades.

16 hours ago, JacobH said:

This is great news... @Yowster is a star like you Kim!

Any chance we could se some ultra short term trade ideas holding calendars through earnings? (buying calendar day before earnings, closing day after) for low vol. earnings moves?

@JacobH These hold through calendars are higher risk, higher reward trades, so they typically don't fit the model for official trades (there have been a few rare cases where an official trade held a smaller allocation of calendars through earnings where the stock had a strong tendency for moves to be at or below the implied).   That being said, other have brought up these trades as well (I've posted on them too) so it's really a topic for the Unofficial Trades forum.

@Yowster - I agree and we have had a short dialogue about these trades earlier... I dont mind they are in the unofficial trades ... as long as you share your insightson the forum ;-)

Thank you @Yowster

As we always say, there are plenty of trading opportunities in both official and unofficial forums. Probably more than one can take. Just take a look how members already booked some nice gains in BKNG, and others traded GOOG for 30%+ gains. Those are just two recent examples.