SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

Kim

Summary of SteadyOptions Discounted Offers

Please find below the summary of all discounts and promotions available to SteadyOptions members and readers.

• CMLviz Trade Machine offers ~35% discount for the Pro version ($720/year value). See details here.
  • OptionNET offers 50% for the first month and 10% discount afterwards. Members who sign up for Yearly All services bundle will get the ONE software free for the first 12 months (~$600 value). See full details here. Please note that free access and discounts to ONE software apply to new members only.
  • Tradier offers flat $10/month fee structure. See details here.
  • eOption offers $1.99 per options trade (or equity trade) plus 10₵ per options contract. See details here.
  • Volatilityhq offers 50% discount for a limited time ($600/year value). See details here.
  • All SteadyOptions members have free access to  ($468/year value).
  • OptionSlam offers a 15% discount on annual INSIDER Memberships. See details here.

I'm often asked which tools I personally would recommend.

I believe that ONE is the most essential tool to analyze, design, monitor and backtest different trades and strategies. ONE automatically keeps track of all adjustments and commissions throughout the life of each position giving you the cummulative profit and loss figure, allowing you to concentrate on developing and then executing the best trading decisions.

CMLviz Trade Machine is an excellent tool for backtesting different strategies.

Volatilityhq and chartaffair.com are also mostly backtesting tools, but are more tailored to our strategies. They provide tools for trading the Steady Options strategies.

Those I believe are the three most useful and essential tools.

How does Tradier work? I like the flat fee option but seems I need to connect with another platform/ broker. There are 20 options for that. I don't know which one is good. Any suggestions based on your subscribers. My objective is to save on commissions & fees and have a reasonable platform for trading options (incl futures) even on a mobile.

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks

As mentioned in the Tradier offer post:

This offer for commission free  option trades is valid for new accounts opened at Tradier Brokerage and funded with a $5,000 minimum within 30 days of account opening.

And no, no limitations that I'm aware about.

Ok, wonder why on the their website- Need have $25k minimum.

Do any levels of options trading require a minimum account value?

Yes, to write uncovered puts, there is a $25,000 minimum. To write uncovered calls, there is a $100,000 minimum.

on second thought, is that uncovered write only shorts?

On 11/6/2018 at 11:42 AM, Kim said:

I'm often asked which tools I personally would recommend.

I believe that ONE is the most essential tool to analyze, design, monitor and backtest different trades and strategies. ONE automatically keeps track of all adjustments and commissions throughout the life of each position giving you the cummulative profit and loss figure, allowing you to concentrate on developing and then executing the best trading decisions.

CMLviz Trade Machine is an excellent tool for backtesting different strategies.

Volatilityhq is also mostly a backtesting tool, but it is more tailored to our strategies.

Those I believe are the three most useful and essential tools.

Hi @Kim, it seems like all three of these tools listed are meant for backtesting purposes. Is it necessary to use all three? The monthly costs end up getting pretty high if we subscribe to all available services suggested. However, I do want to continue expanding my knowledge on options and would like to use one of these tools as a supplement to my learning experience.

Is there 1 essential tool you would recommend specifically for Mac users? I was thinking of subscribing to ONE, but it doesn't seem available for Mac.

Additionally, what is your general process for running an analysis on an options trade? What tools do you use for each recommended trade and how do you use the tools (i.e. Tool X for scanning potential trades, Tool Y for backtesting, Z for executing trades etc.). 

Thank you for helping guide new traders through the options journey. Let me know what you think!

I believe every options trader should have an options analytics software like ONE. This is a comprehensive tool that includes backtesting, analytics, P/L charts etc. To me this is a must have.

clmviz is a backtesting tool that allows you to scan and find trades. It’s nice to have and very powerful, but it is not related to what we do. It has tons of other strategies, technical indicators etc.

volatilityhq is more tailored to our strategies and it helps to analyze our strategies like straddles and calendars in terms of pricing, timing etc.

so after finding trade candidates, I analyze then in ONE to see how the P/L chart looks.

Thanks for the quick response @Kim

I primarily use a Macbook Pro and don't have a PC, so is there an alternative tool for the ONE software on Macs?

You also mentioned that after finding trade candidates, you analyze them in ONE. Do you. primarily use Clmviz to find trade candidates or do you use something else for finding trade ideas?

I'm not familiar with tools for Mac, but I assume you can find some that work on Mac.

I find candidates in optionslam and backtest them in volatilityhq. But volatilityhq also provides a list of potential candidates.

The best thing to do is to try them and see what they provide.

I have mac too. @yelmalem, it is easy to install a Windows Virtual machine on a mac. You can run any windows app in a VM on a Mac. Oracle’s Virtual Box is free. But it didn’t fit all my needs (long story) so I went for Parallels. Parallels is a paid tool, around 80 bucks a year. Works like a charm and very easy to set up. Integrates seemlessly with Macos. I don’t run ONE in it, but it should work without issues. Give it a try. I believe they have a try out period. 
Parallels is really good. 

Edited by sakura