SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

Kim

My interview by Kirk Du Plessis

Hi Kim. Very nice summary.

When you mentioned a SO member who has been doing backtesting and identifying the best days to enter prior to earnings, to whom were you referring?

Also, have you (or, for that matter, has anyone else here) ever taken a look at Kirk Du Plessis's strategy - the one he mentioned where he trades the IV crush after earnings?

1 hour ago, Alan said:

Hi Kim. Very nice summary.

When you mentioned a SO member who has been doing backtesting and identifying the best days to enter prior to earnings, to whom were you referring?

Also, have you (or, for that matter, has anyone else here) ever taken a look at Kirk Du Plessis's strategy - the one he mentioned where he trades the IV crush after earnings?

It is @dbh21He is not posting the charts anymore, but he was a pioneer and we are all very grateful to him for his contribution! 

Tools to analyze the earnings trades was originally written by him.

Kirk sells strangles to take advantage of IV crash. Here is why we don't do it:

43 minutes ago, Kim said:

It is @dbh21He is not posting the charts anymore, but he was a pioneer and we are all very grateful to him for his contribution! 

Tools to analyze the earnings trades was originally written by him.

Kirk sells strangles to take advantage of IV crash. Here is why we don't do it:

I was just wondering whether he was doing it in some way that is different from the above discussions (which I have read). I was just curious. For right now I am happy just pursuing what is taught at SO.