SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

963 posts in this topic

@DjtuxOn the Straddle chart for HQY the "Avg 1D stock move" and "Max 1D stock move" have disappeared. I tried disabling it and re-enabling it in the advanced options but there was no change. Not a problem, all the other charts were fine, I just thought it best to let you know there was an anomaly.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Optrader said:

I am wondering if it is possible to scan all stocks for their current calendar RV compared to Average RV ?

the reason is I have keep looking for every ticker and check RV and there are too many to follow

At the most basic level you can export the scanner file to Excel then use formulas to divide current RV by Avg.  
-more advanced you can pull in live options data to calculate the real-time current RV and compare to numbers from the report.    There are some tools similar to this posted around here in the forum.  

Edited by FrankTheTank

Fyi, as part of the fixes needed to be made to properly support the FB -> META symbol change properly, I need to rebuild some of the caches from scratch, so the website is going to be slow starting now. It should complete during the weekend, will let you know when I see it back to normal.

Sorry about that, but I underestimated the complexity to support the feature.

On 11/4/2022 at 4:32 PM, Djtux said:

Fyi, as part of the fixes needed to be made to properly support the FB -> META symbol change properly, I need to rebuild some of the caches from scratch, so the website is going to be slow starting now. It should complete during the weekend, will let you know when I see it back to normal.

Sorry about that, but I underestimated the complexity to support the feature.

Should be back to normal with META/FB with correct data. Let me know if you see something strange.

On 12/19/2022 at 10:18 AM, bigbreak said:

@Djtux VolHQ desktop app download link isn't working from the website.  It just clocks and then times out.

This software is not supported anymore. The python script you find on another thread is better.

On 1/5/2023 at 9:24 PM, Srini M said:

@Djtux Is there a 50% off coupon for 2023 subscriptions?

You can use SO502303

27 minutes ago, ParadigmAU said:

@Djtux I can't successfully edit my whitelist. I'm trying to upload 56 tickers to the list and I keep getting the dread red box with "Your settings have NOT been updated!"

Any ideas? Thanks.

Hum, can you try 5 by 5 to see if there is an invalid ticket?

Hi everyone.

when i use  one week calendar charts , the charts become so busy that i see multiple blue lines.

can we globally set to last 8 iterations ? Instead of showing long back history and having black acerage be way off ? From current trend ?

i would like to suggest this as default settings ? May be 3 yerars but not more than that ?

20 minutes ago, Optrader said:

when i use  one week calendar charts , the charts become so busy that i see multiple blue lines.

Do you have a screenshot to illustrate the issue? It would be helpful for me to understand what you mean.

It could also be that your particular ticker have weeklies that are not that liquid.

25 minutes ago, Optrader said:

Hi everyone.

can we globally set to last 8 iterations ? Instead of showing long back history and having black acerage be way off ? From current trend ?

i would like to suggest this as default settings ? May be 3 yerars but not more than that ?

The calendar and straddle RV use 2 years of earnings cycles as the default, you can change it to be more or less.   So, its interesting that you say to set it globally to the last 8 iterations - but that is what it already is based on going back 2 years.    Here's the "Advanced Options" screen shot where you can change the start date to include more or less prior cycles.

image.thumb.png.2c2503966858035a16fca81e05e6ae4e.png

@Optrader To add to what @Yowster said, if you manually set the date to get more or less earnings cycles, that date will remain unless you open a new tab.  So as time goes by, you will get more and more earnings cycles.  I like to show 12 cycles and manually set the date for that and deliberately leave those tabs open so I don't default back to 8, but I have to manually move that date forward every quarter on those tabs or I'll have 13 cycles or however many earnings cycles have occurred since I set the date.

4 hours ago, Optrader said:

Here is screenshot of cmg 1 week calendar

It looks like you are reusing a url/link from somewhere which sets the « start date » before 2016.

If you click the « calendar » menu on the main page, it will set the default settings. Then you to the « advanced settings » to set 1 week between the 2 legs of the calendar. Then by default it should only display 8 cycles.

If you use an older url to access directly the calendar rv page, then it will use an older start date which will add too many cycles.

10 hours ago, Djtux said:

It looks like you are reusing a url/link from somewhere which sets the « start date » before 2016.

If you click the « calendar » menu on the main page, it will set the default settings. Then you to the « advanced settings » to set 1 week between the 2 legs of the calendar. Then by default it should only display 8 cycles.

If you use an older url to access directly the calendar rv page, then it will use an older start date which will add too many cycles.

Thanks

yes. I have been using a bookmark created long ago.

i will reset it

thanks very much for debugging

9 hours ago, FrankTheTank said:

Finding a few companies with confirmed ER dates such as AMZN, MDT, ABNB.    Some show as confirmed in the straddle chart page but show as not confirmed in the scanner page?  Thanks @Djtux

image.png

I'm not entirely sure why this is happening, but the source #6 wasn't working anymore, and now source #6 should be available.

For AMZN and ABNB, it seems fixed. For MDT, the scanner needs time to get updated.

8 hours ago, zzprod said:

Hi

I just subscribed and it looks amazing but it will take some time to figure out all the options. is there a larger help file or a manual?

Yes! SteadyOptions subscription.

@Djtux - can you please look into this.  I hope this is just a one-off error and not some larger issue.

VolHQ shows the IV of COST straddle at 48 on Friday May 19, 2023.  This is really far off from the actual IV and ONE shows this closer to 29.   See images below.  

Thank you!

image.png

image.png

Same with the March 2 2023 cycle - IV is overstated by about 20 pts.  Should only be 35 but VolHQ shows 55

image.png

Edited by FrankTheTank

39 minutes ago, FrankTheTank said:

@Djtux - can you please look into this.  I hope this is just a one-off error and not some larger issue.

VolHQ shows the IV of COST straddle at 48 on Friday May 19, 2023.  This is really far off from the actual IV and ONE shows this closer to 29.   See images below.  

Thank you!

image.png

image.png

Same with the March 2 2023 cycle - IV is overstated by about 20 pts.  Should only be 35 but VolHQ shows 55

image.png

T-0 would be 2023-05-25 thursday.

So T-2 would be the tuesday 2023-05-23.

Friday 2023-05-19 would be T-4 which is 30.485% in the orange line.

For the march 2023 cycle. T-4 would be the friday 2023-02-24 which is 36.855% in the green line.

Am i missing something?

1 hour ago, Djtux said:

T-0 would be 2023-05-25 thursday.

So T-2 would be the tuesday 2023-05-23.

Friday 2023-05-19 would be T-4 which is 30.485% in the orange line.

For the march 2023 cycle. T-4 would be the friday 2023-02-24 which is 36.855% in the green line.

Am i missing something?

Hmm.   I guess its me.  I had (incorrectly) assumed the dotted vertical lines on the x-axis always corresponded to Fridays but I think I understand now those are only the Friday's for the current cycle.  Is that right?

Edited by FrankTheTank

26 minutes ago, FrankTheTank said:

Hmm.   I guess its me.  I had (incorrectly) assumed the dotted vertical lines on the x-axis always corresponded to Fridays but I think I understand now those are only the Friday's for the current cycle.  Is that right?

Yes it’s for the current cycle. It works well if all the cycle falls on the same day of week.

2 hours ago, ixero@20 said:

Hi @Djtux, it seems that current cycle RVs have not been calculated since Wednesday. Can you please take a look?

Yes there was one server with a hard drive that was full :-).

I'm currently fixing that, sorry about the inconvenience.

21 minutes ago, TrustyJules said:

@Djtux Something is off with your billing at the moment. I did not get your invoice/receipt for the Feb payment and if I click on the site and go to payment history your list is hanging. Can you release it and have the invoices also sent? Thanks Julius

Do you mind sending me an email to support@volatilityhq.com so I can manually regenerate the Feb Receipt and send it to you by email?

Normally it's automatically sent by stripe by email and it's not even coming from my servers, is there any chance it's in the spam folder ?

1 minute ago, Djtux said:

Do you mind sending me an email to support@volatilityhq.com so I can manually regenerate the Feb Receipt and send it to you by email?

Normally it's automatically sent by stripe by email and it's not even coming from my servers, is there any chance it's in the spam folder ?

Done