SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

Kim

Tradier Brokerage Special Offer

699 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, SBatch said:

The trade desk will manually update your buying power when this happens.  This is an Apex issue that is being worked on.

Awesome--I just sent them an email so I will update when I hear back. Their support has been wonderfully responsive in the past.

4 minutes ago, ex3y7s said:

Awesome--I just sent them an email so I will update when I hear back. Their support has been wonderfully responsive in the past.

Why don't you try iron bwb? 1 call and 1 put spread.

Just got the following response from Tradier's Director of Operations:

That is not the way in which our system does the calculation at the current time.  It only looks at the maximum requirement on each of the spreads and based the total requirement on that.  There is the possibility that our clearing firm looks at it the way that you are expecting and if so, you will get back some of the requirements overnight tonight.

That makes it sound like a Tradier issue rather than an Apex one. I'll update if my buying power is updated overnight.

Edited by ex3y7s

6 hours ago, aircal said:

Isn't the SO Tradier/Tradehawk deal less - $109 vs $119?

or am I missing something?

The $109 charge cannot be eliminated based upon contracts traded whereas the $119 can. Therefore, for someone that does low volume trading and is also a member of SO (something not required for the CA offer) the new plan may not be better.  However, for everyone else it will be superior.

18 hours ago, ex3y7s said:

That is not the way in which our system does the calculation at the current time.  It only looks at the maximum requirement on each of the spreads and based the total requirement on that.  There is the possibility that our clearing firm looks at it the way that you are expecting and if so, you will get back some of the requirements overnight tonight.

That makes it sound like a Tradier issue rather than an Apex one. I'll update if my buying power is updated overnight.

Following up here it looks like the margin was corrected overnight, so as of now for trading broken wing butterflies at Tradier you will need enough margin to cover the widest wing with no offset from the other wing when opening, but the correct margin starting the next trading day.

6 hours ago, siddharth310584 said:

I just changed my TOS rate to $5 + 55 cents a contract. For the volumes I am trading with, this works out less than the .75 cents per contract I had before.

My Ally rate is 2.95 + 40 cents a contract. This turns out to be somewhere between 44 and 47 cents an option on average. With the new deal on Tradier, I am still looking at perhaps going that route.

11 hours ago, aircal said:

Isn't the SO Tradier/Tradehawk deal less - $109 vs $119?

or am I missing something?

Update:

THOSE CURRENTLY SUBSCRIBED TO THE SO/TH PLAN FOR $109 CAN CONVERT TO THE NEW CA PLAN FOR $109 VIA TRADIER’s GRANDFATHER OFFER.

28 minutes ago, gowthamn said:

How to download csv reports from Tradier / Apex with commissions and fees? Is it possible. I can only find PDF files to download but not csv. 

You can open an account on Apex clearing website and link your Tradier account. You will be able to download your Activity history on csv from there.

On 1/28/2019 at 1:40 PM, ex3y7s said:

I heard back from Tradier that they will be fixing this (correct BWB margin calculation). They don't have a timeframe for it, but suggested 2-3 weeks.

6 hours ago, baylisstic said:

Is this offer only for options or options and stocks? How much is commissions on stock trading?

$40/mo flat fee for options /  $20/mo flat fee for stocks  ---> $60/mo flat fee for options & stocks

Edited by 4REAL

On 2/1/2019 at 6:58 AM, 4REAL said:

$40/mo flat fee for options /  $20/mo flat fee for stocks  ---> $60/mo flat fee for options & stocks

Thanks!

I emailed both Tradier and Jellifin and both mentioned their Android app will be coming out in the coming weeks. I recently signed up for the Tradier/Tradehawk deal for $119, but since I need mobile, I may switch over once the mobile app is out..unless TradeHawk comes out with mobile soon.

Anyone currently using Rho for iOS? If so, how's your experience with it?

On 1/30/2019 at 3:16 PM, ex3y7s said:

I heard back from Tradier that they will be fixing this (correct BWB margin calculation). They don't have a timeframe for it, but suggested 2-3 weeks.

Tradier support emailed me and this issue has been fixed!

56 minutes ago, ex3y7s said:

Tradier support emailed me and this issue has been fixed!

Here is the email that I got.

A change was made to the margin calculations and the butterfly trades you were look at should withhold the proper amount of margin now.

Could you try one out when you have a chance and let me know if things look as you would expect?

Sincerely,

Chris Lepore

Director of Operations

1 minute ago, krisbee said:

Here is the email that I got.

A change was made to the margin calculations and the butterfly trades you were look at should withhold the proper amount of margin now.

Could you try one out when you have a chance and let me know if things look as you would expect?

Sincerely,

Chris Lepore

Director of Operations

Same--I responded to the affirmative.

On 2/5/2019 at 12:07 AM, baylisstic said:

Thanks!

I emailed both Tradier and Jellifin and both mentioned their Android app will be coming out in the coming weeks. I recently signed up for the Tradier/Tradehawk deal for $119, but since I need mobile, I may switch over once the mobile app is out..unless TradeHawk comes out with mobile soon.

Anyone currently using Rho for iOS? If so, how's your experience with it?

Do you know if there’s a charge for the mobile app for iOS?

"Rho is a free app but, it is not currently available for the Android.  It should be in the coming weeks, maybe in early March.  One of the partners that we connect with, Mobile Interactive does offer some different app options.  "

6 minutes ago, baylisstic said:

"Rho is a free app but, it is not currently available for the Android.  It should be in the coming weeks, maybe in early March.  One of the partners that we connect with, Mobile Interactive does offer some different app options.  "

So does that mean if you take the tradier $40 deal unlimited trading and you don’t need pay for the extra $40 fee for Rho?

On 2/9/2019 at 11:49 AM, Gen88 said:

So does that mean if you take the tradier $40 deal unlimited trading and you don’t need pay for the extra $40 fee for Rho?

Correct. Worse case, take the $40 Rho deal and don't need to pay the $40 Tradier.

4 minutes ago, actonwang said:

guys, i would like to download trade activities from tradier. I only see static tables through dashboard. do any of one know how to download all records?

Thanks!

Two options: first, you can go to "Documents" after logging in on the Tradier dashboard and download PDFs for each day. The other (better, IMO) option is to sign up at Apex and then you'll be able to log in and search/view records by date and type, as well as export to CSV.

Did anyone else get an email from Tradier notifying them they have options positions expiring today? I have many April 18th positions, but no Wednesday options. I know Friday is a market holiday, but the April 18th equity options trade until the close tomorrow, Thursday, April 18th, correct?

10 minutes ago, ex3y7s said:

Did anyone else get an email from Tradier notifying them they have options positions expiring today? I have many April 18th positions, but no Wednesday options. I know Friday is a market holiday, but the April 18th equity options trade until the close tomorrow, Thursday, April 18th, correct?

Yup. I also received the same thing and I've sent them an email asking for clarification. Most likely an error on their part.

22 hours ago, ex3y7s said:

I called Tradier and they confirmed that the email went out a day early because of the holiday.

Interesting. I got a follow up email about my ITM options being exercised by 3:30pm ET yesterday. That didn’t happen. Heh 

Is there any news on the mobile app of tradier?

I am with TastyWorks and am sort of satisfied but tradier would be much cheaper. I have found that when travelling I really need the mobile app and the TW is a real pain to work with. I have made at least 3 incorrect trades due to the interface and the pricing is also sucky. I am therefore tempted to switch to Tradier as I trade so much but wanted to know if people have experience with them in a mobile (Android) environment,

27 minutes ago, TrustyJules said:

Is there any news on the mobile app of tradier?

I am with TastyWorks and am sort of satisfied but tradier would be much cheaper. I have found that when travelling I really need the mobile app and the TW is a real pain to work with. I have made at least 3 incorrect trades due to the interface and the pricing is also sucky. I am therefore tempted to switch to Tradier as I trade so much but wanted to know if people have experience with them in a mobile (Android) environment,

As far as I know there is only the Jellifin Rho app that works with Tradier and it is still in need of a lot of work as far as i am concerned.

I personally prefer using the Dash (web) interface from Tradier although it has limitations (e.g. you cannot change quantities on an active order).

As far as mobile apps Tastyworks is miles ahead.

As for the pricing Tradier should not differ from Tastyworks as they both clear through Apex.

Update from Tradier:

They are in the process of making an update to their pricing. The new subscription pricing is:

• $0 for equity
  • $10 for equity and options (previously $40)
  • $60 for tradehawk equity and options

The plan is to reach out to each person currently enrolled and update their price effective Nov 1. One change to note with this new price is that they will be charging .35 a contract for single listed index options (SPX, RUT, VIX ect ..) The disclaimer is as follows;

Single Listed Index Options are subject to a $0.35/contract fee in addition to any pass-thought exchange fees.  Tradier Brokerage passes along all exchange, OCC, and regulatory fees. 

2 hours ago, Kim said:

Update from Tradier:

They are in the process of making an update to their pricing. The new subscription pricing is:

• $0 for equity
  • $10 for equity and options (previously $40)
  • $60 for tradehawk equity and options

The plan is to reach out to each person currently enrolled and update their price effective Nov 1. One change to note with this new price is that they will be charging .35 a contract for single listed index options (SPX, RUT, VIX ect ..) The disclaimer is as follows;

Single Listed Index Options are subject to a $0.35/contract fee in addition to any pass-thought exchange fees.  Tradier Brokerage passes along all exchange, OCC, and regulatory fees. 

Shame for the extra charges on the index options but then again we don't really trade that many on a regular basis so the impact will be minimal, especially given we are getting a $30/month reduction in price.

For those who trade index options in volume is there a chance to stay on the current $40 plan?

Had a question for those of you that use Tradier.

I just got set up with them yesterday and entered my first trade. I received my trade statement today and noticed in addition to the regulatory fees, they are charging a transaction fee.  Did anyone else get this fee?

When I asked them- they blew me off saying they are unable to break down their fees and to just read their FAQ.  However, no where in the FAQ does it discuss an additional transaction fee, just that they charge regulatory fees on average of 11 cents/contract. 

CMG-fee.png