SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

Kim

Tradier Brokerage Special Offer

699 posts in this topic

Does the $40 deal include both option and equity or option only? I saw $19 additional for equity was mentioned in the thread. Please help to confirm. Thanks. 

Called them and confirmed $40+20 for option and equity 

Edited by Shane

@SBatch or anyone using tradehawk. 

Can you check if CSCO august 17 incremental options are visible? so 41.5 42.5 etc. 

Contacted Tradehawk and their going to contact Tradier but since I'm paper trading I would like to know if you do not see them as well?

Tradier users.

I see "Gain/Loss" submenu under the username (which I newly found).

image.png

They listed all transactions there. I copy pasted page by page in Excel sheet. (little pain to do this as I have lot of pages)

I find lot of transactions missing. (it's not user error btw. :) )

Do you find same issues? 

Steps: (telling u what I did)

Symbol Quantity Cost Proceeds G/L ($) G/L (%) Close Date Term

These are the fields that's there in Gain/Loss page.

I added all the data in Google spreadsheet. On right most column, I added a Formula that takes out Quote from the option name

Here is the formula

=REGEXEXTRACT(A2,"^[A-Z]+")

Example for the formula

if A2 value is QCOM180202P00068500

result will be QCOM

I filtered the formula column and see if P/L is what I expected, there was a big difference. then I find some transactions missing. I tried for couple of trades. Haven't checked for all.

Let me know.

Edited by krisbee

2 hours ago, krisbee said:

Tradier users.

I see "Gain/Loss" submenu under the username (which I newly found).

image.png

They listed all transactions there. I copy pasted page by page in Excel sheet. (little pain to do this as I have lot of pages)

I find lot of transactions missing. (it's not user error btw. :) )

Do you find same issues? 

Steps: (telling u what I did)

Symbol Quantity Cost Proceeds G/L ($) G/L (%) Close Date Term

These are the fields that's there in Gain/Loss page.

I added all the data in Google spreadsheet. On right most column, I added a Formula that takes out Quote from the option name

Here is the formula

=REGEXEXTRACT(A2,"^[A-Z]+")

Example for the formula

if A2 value is QCOM180202P00068500

result will be QCOM

I filtered the formula column and see if P/L is what I expected, there was a big difference. then I find some transactions missing. I tried for couple of trades. Haven't checked for all.

Let me know.

If you create an account at Apex Clearing, you can have access to all of that information with the ability to download to CSV. Much, much more powerful reports than what Tradier offers.

https://www.apexclearing.com/

I am with Tastyworks now and like their platform and speed of fills, but wondering if there is a more cost-effective approach.  Thinking of Tradier with the $40 monthly trades, and using the ONE platform. Wondering if anyone can give advice on the best way to set this up?  Do SO members receive both Tradier and ONE membership discounts simultaneously??  Any help is greatly appreciated!

3 minutes ago, OPtrdr said:

I am with Tastyworks now and like their platform and speed of fills, but wondering if there is a more cost-effective approach.  Thinking of Tradier with the $40 monthly trades, and using the ONE platform. Wondering if anyone can give advice on the best way to set this up?  Do SO members receive both Tradier and ONE membership discounts simultaneously??  Any help is greatly appreciated!

Yes, you get Tradier for $40/month and 10% discount for ONE.

I started SteadyOptions with Tastyworks but gave Tradier + Tradehawk a try and I really like it. It comes out to about $100/month including all commissions but not (exchange?) fees. I believe the fills are the same. 

As far as ONE, I also have a subscription but I don't use it as much for SteadyOptions. It is a great tool but as far as trade execution you are going to want Tradier + Tradehawk. 

1 hour ago, Kim said:

Yes, you get Tradier for $40/month and 10% discount for ONE.

Thanks Kim, great to have discounts for SO members!!!

9 minutes ago, PGAmbrosio said:

I started SteadyOptions with Tastyworks but gave Tradier + Tradehawk a try and I really like it. It comes out to about $100/month including all commissions but not (exchange?) fees. I believe the fills are the same. 

As far as ONE, I also have a subscription but I don't use it as much for SteadyOptions. It is a great tool but as far as trade execution you are going to want Tradier + Tradehawk. 

Thanks PGA, I have a platform tour request with Tradehawk submitted. I think you're right.  Since I subscribe to volatilityhq and SO and have access to TOS, I think I just need a basic platform to keep track of all the trades.  Thinking Tradehawk will do the trick.  Much appreciated!

17 hours ago, Anderson317 said:

Is there anyone trading from within the ONE platform with Tradier and how is that working? I think I've read that Kim and some others use ONE for analysis but actually enter their orders on the IB platform.

Hi, I tried ONE to send orders to Tradier. It basically just starts the web order form, with the pre-entered order. No cancel-and-replace support or anything like that. I found it not really usable.

1 hour ago, Hielke said:

Hi, I tried ONE to send orders to Tradier. It basically just starts the web order form, with the pre-entered order. No cancel-and-replace support or anything like that. I found it not really usable.

Thanks, great info.  Just another confirmation that TradeHawk might be the more feasible choice.  Appreciate the feedback!

On 5/21/2018 at 1:22 PM, krisbee said:

in today's tradehawk release

• Wisp
    • Fixed current expiration highlight.
    • Spreads from ticket show on strike column.
    • Spread legs can move (Left click to change a leg, left click again to set it).
    • Spread can move (Right click on any leg of a spread; mouse over to new spot on strike column, left click to set).
  • Spread Ticket
    • Added Ratio and Cost (shows how many spreads will be sent out total)
    • Spread name now clears when the legs are cleared.
    • Fixed price update delay when selecting the follow mid/bid/ask function.
  • Option Ticket
    • Fixed price update delay when selecting the follow mid/bid/ask function.
  • Options Menu
    • Calculator.
      • Use what-if buttons to populate the calculator
      • change stock price, volatility, interest rates, date to see the effects on a spread or simple option)
  • Chart
    • New indicators.
    • MOBO
    • Fibonacci (left click to set start point, right click to set end point.  Retracements shown on chart)
  • Risk Portfolio
    • Roll up of cost.
    • Right click on positions to exit.
    • Right click on expiration to view and exit potential spreads.
    • Right click on underling to view and exit calendar spreads

2.3.02 version released last weekend.

https://www.mytradehawk.com/blog/2018/08/27/whats-new-version-2302/

11 hours ago, Hielke said:

Can someone place post the current pricing of TradeHawk, I was in the understanding it was $45 per month, but it seems to be increased to $59. Can you still get the $45 deal?

Scroll back a few pages, it says the $45 ($49) was a promo price and TH is now $59/month, which agrees with the Tradier website.

Anyone sign up recently for Tradier+Tradehawk? Would the total cost be $59 platform + $40 options +$20 equities, for a total of $109 + exchange fees?

Just now, Noah Katz said:

My IRA's aren't margin accts, but I've traded IB's (with shorts) on them.

Well, I know that some brokers don't allow any options selling (covered or uncovered) in cash accounts. Looks like Tradier does.

5 minutes ago, Kim said:

Well, I know that some brokers don't allow any options selling (covered or uncovered) in cash accounts. Looks like Tradier does.

Yep :)

1 minute ago, akhouston said:

Do you know if requesting a margin IRA account is something that is done AFTER the account is open? Cause on that screen cash is greyed out and seem to be the only option. 

I don't believe you can have a margin IRA acct.

Edited by Noah Katz

Going through it right now ......  With Tradier, you need to have at level 5 or 6, you need to have 25 k or more, and you need to have a margin account in order to trade straddles and strangles  ... Oh and don't try to ACH the money to them as they will not accept more than 10k in ACH... it has to be wired into your account.

Unfortunately they do not tell you all of that up front they bring you along one bit at a a time...  (if you are using a SO Deal, you would think they might let you know all of this)

Edited by moscorp

3 minutes ago, moscorp said:

... you need to have 25 k or more...

I think only for a margin acct; my Roth IRA is <$25k

3 minutes ago, akhouston said:

Ok, I am confused... I thought ANY shorting, even non-naked, like a calendar spread, requires a margin account. 

No nakeds, but I do spreads all the time in my IRA accts

Edited by Noah Katz

I just contacted Dan Raju. Tradier CEO and Chairman. Got a response within 11 minutes. Here is his response:

The deal included IRA accounts too.

We do offer Limited Margin IRA accounts.  In those accounts, customers can trade option spreads of any type as long as they are covered.  They cannot trade naked calls.  IRA accounts can only be opened with level 2 options, but customers can complete 2 forms via DocuSign after the account is opened and we can upgrade the account to a Limited Margin IRA with level 3 options trading.  For your reference, here are these DocuSign links:

Options

Limited Margin

On 8/27/2018 at 9:53 PM, Andrew said:

Is it at all possible to use tradehawk on a mobile device?  I know they don't have mobile apps at this time.  

I prepare my trading of SO multilegs on tradehawk with an desired gtc. If on the move something changes, I can edit the gtc price on my mobile / ipad in the browser to close the multileg.

Trading multilegs on the web browser (mobile, pad, computer) is possible but bothersome.

I had read on here that Tradier didn't allow calendar spreads with index options (SPX and RUT).  I was wondering if this was still the case so I email them this morning and this was there response:

We do allow calendar spreads for index options, but these are considered uncovered options by our clearing firm.  To trade uncovered index options you would need to be approved for level 6 option trading and the minimum equity is $300,000 to enter this type of trade.

So that's unfortunate.  But also raises a question, I thought Tradier cleared through Apex, which is the same as TOS and TastyWorks and I've never had a problem placing index calendar spreads with them, and I don't have near $300k in those accounts.

However, as to their customer service, I got a response to my email in about 5 minutes!

Edited by Anderson317

9 minutes ago, Anderson317 said:

I had read on here that Tradier didn't allow calendar spreads with index options (SPX and RUT).  I was wondering if this was still the case so I email them this morning and this was there response:

So that's unfortunate.  But also raises a question, I thought Tradier cleared through Apex, which is the same as TOS and TastyWorks and I've never had a problem placing index calendar spreads with them, and I don't have near $300k in those accounts.

However, as to their customer service, I got a response to my email in about 5 minutes!

While TW clears through Apex, TOS does not.  TD Ameritrade is self clearing.

1 hour ago, Anderson317 said:

So that effectively means that no Steady Condors in IRA accounts, which sucks big time.

1 minute ago, akhouston said:

So that effectively means that no Steady Condors in IRA accounts, which sucks big time.

Steady Condors trades verticals, not calendars, so all options are the same month and covered.

I am using the tradier website to place trades and I have the special offer but I think they are taking commissions. For example when I closed the SPX trade today, I had them in the 8/16/8 ratio and the place order form told me it charged me $17 for the trade. Does anyone else see that too ? It isnt very obvious from the website statements whether they are actually taking commissions but was wondering if you all knew any way to find out.

10 minutes ago, siddharth310584 said:

I am using the tradier website to place trades and I have the special offer but I think they are taking commissions. For example when I closed the SPX trade today, I had them in the 8/16/8 ratio and the place order form told me it charged me $17 for the trade. Does anyone else see that too ? It isnt very obvious from the website statements whether they are actually taking commissions but was wondering if you all knew any way to find out.

Those are probably exchange and regulatory fees.

1 minute ago, Kim said:

Those are probably exchange and regulatory fees.

That's 17 dollars for 32 contracts. That's more than 50 cents per contract. Is that usual ? I have 55 cents per contract at TOS + a $5 so I was just comparing to that gven that I like the TOS platform better. Is this higher as they are SPX options ?

1 minute ago, siddharth310584 said:

That's 17 dollars for 32 contracts. That's more than 50 cents per contract. Is that usual ? I have 55 cents per contract at TOS + a $5 so I was just comparing to that gven that I like the TOS platform better. Is this higher as they are SPX options ?

@siddharth310584 Tradier clears through Apex Clearing... if you go to their website and create a login, you can see exactly what is happening with the fees/commissions/etc.

https://public-apps.apexclearing.com/session/#/login/

On 7/12/2018 at 5:41 PM, SBatch said:

Probably best for you to simply open an account with eOption as we know they operate in Australia.  This way you are prepared for the next PV TLT trade and their commissions are perfectly acceptable for the strategy.

Hi @SBatch. Do you have any first or second hand experience/knowledge about the quality of fills at eOption? They may be getting an influx of Aussie accounts as IB's new Australian subsidiary will not offer margin accounts, unless you can prove an extremely high net worth.  Or do you know of any other option brokers that accept Australian clients?  Thanks.

9 minutes ago, mavmed said:

Hi @SBatch. Do you have any first or second hand experience/knowledge about the quality of fills at eOption? They may be getting an influx of Aussie accounts as IB's new Australian subsidiary will not offer margin accounts, unless you can prove an extremely high net worth.  Or do you know of any other option brokers that accept Australian clients?  Thanks.

I had an account with them about 10 years ago so I can't speak to current execution quality.  I do not know of any other Australian option brokers.

But Tradier does not offer Portfolio Margin :( . That is sad. Also what is the cheapest platform people use with tradier?

Tastywroks offers portfolio margin though. But their commission is bit higher.

But I heard that TOS (thinkorswim) offers better fills. Is that true? I currently have $0.75 per contract with TOS. I can get it down to 0.5 soon.

Its a difficult tradeoff. TOS also has a good mobile app.

Edited by gowthamn