SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

Kim

Tradier Brokerage Special Offer

699 posts in this topic

On 5/14/2018 at 2:17 PM, clems said:

https://www.mytradehawk.com/videos/

Take the Tour: 30 minute tour of the platform

Example of risk graph at 5 min.

Also contact support and they'll walk you through any questions you have 1 on 1.

Thanks @clems I did watch the video (and several others). But I did't saw the option to display spread charts.

Maybe there is some misunderstanding here. I did not mean an option position PL chart but the rather the spread price of by example a straddle for the last few days.

Edited by Hielke

On 3/2/2018 at 6:48 PM, Stanislav said:

I've been contacted by ONE support and they offered me to test their new beta version with direct Tradier integration (no web browser anymore). Looks like ONE now sends orders directly to Tradier without intermediate browser web page. But after that orders are still supposed to be managed in Tradier web console.

So the same troubles as before if user wants to modify order price/quantity - cancel order, model and send a new one. At least they are improving Tradier integration - no intermediate Internet Explorer browser web page anymore. But it is not what I was hoping for..

P.S. I can not test all this completely for sure, as my Tradier account is at zero balance now. So I can only send an order which Tradier system then rejects.

UPD: Asked ONE support, they said native Tradier order management is being actively developed, and is going to be the part of upcoming release. So the future is bright, and we'll have ONE+Tradier usable at some point.

Hello @Stanislav, could already share anything about the ONE beta regarding using Tradier as broker platform ? Do you use it for live trading ?

6 minutes ago, Hielke said:

Hello @Stanislav, could already share anything about the ONE beta regarding using Tradier as broker platform ? Do you use it for live trading ?

No. I trade via Interactive Brokers. Dropped Tradier + ONE for now as I found this configuration to be not very convenient for me. So I decided to wait till ONE fully supports Tradier vs order management (modifying and canceling active orders).

On 3/2/2018 at 9:06 AM, SBatch said:

Summary of most recent TradeHawk updates:

Option ticket

Clicking the bid ask or mid labels will follow the market as prices change

Added midpoint

Clicking the bid, ask or mid prices will populate the Price field

You can now select a strategy to apply your filled order too (if the order gets filled)

Buy open/close and Sell open/close will highlight with he correct order type.

Spread Ticket

The Flip function will now correctly mark the legs as open or close

Follow Market by clicking the Join, Mid or Trade labels

Portfolio Risk

Double click on line updates the wisp

View risk for positions, strategies or positions and strategies combined

Settings are automatically saved

New Chart

All settings except minutes and Date are automatically saved

All indicators are saved

Added 50 100 200 Ma

Added markers for MAs

Option to move the axis to the right

Multiple day view

8 hour time window on single day

Wisp

Fixed bug that displayed the wrong company name

Added number of days to expiration

Different color for weekly and regular expirations (Black background for regular)

Ability to select number of strikes displayed

Selection for pricing of options using last trade, mid point, bid, ask, open, high, low and close of the stack price

Watch List          

Added the ability for multiple watch lists

Last trade, bid, ask will highlight on an up or down tick

right click functions to update chart, wisp and stock ticket

Paper Trading

Paper trading is now available

in today's tradehawk release

• Wisp
    • Fixed current expiration highlight.
    • Spreads from ticket show on strike column.
    • Spread legs can move (Left click to change a leg, left click again to set it).
    • Spread can move (Right click on any leg of a spread; mouse over to new spot on strike column, left click to set).
  • Spread Ticket
    • Added Ratio and Cost (shows how many spreads will be sent out total)
    • Spread name now clears when the legs are cleared.
    • Fixed price update delay when selecting the follow mid/bid/ask function.
  • Option Ticket
  • Options Menu
    • Calculator.
      • Use what-if buttons to populate the calculator
      • change stock price, volatility, interest rates, date to see the effects on a spread or simple option)
  • Chart
    • New indicators.
    • MOBO
    • Fibonacci (left click to set start point, right click to set end point.  Retracements shown on chart)
  • Risk Portfolio
    • Roll up of cost.
    • Right click on positions to exit.
    • Right click on expiration to view and exit potential spreads.
    • Right click on underling to view and exit calendar spreads

49 minutes ago, krisbee said:

• Wisp
    • Spread legs can move (Left click to change a leg, left click again to set it).
    • Spread can move (Right click on any leg of a spread; mouse over to new spot on strike column, left click to set).
  • Spread Ticket
  • Option Ticket
  • Options Menu
    • Calculator.
      • change stock price, volatility, interest rates, date to see the effects on a spread or simple option)
  • Chart
    • New indicators.
    • MOBO
    • Fibonacci (left click to set start point, right click to set end point.  Retracements shown on chart)
  • Risk Portfolio
    • Roll up of cost.

Is anyone having trouble with order amends using TradeHawk (with Tradier)? I am trying to modify the price and after I click send, nothing happens. No rejects and of course the amend does not happen. This issue started after I installed the latest release from TradeHawk. I was able to cancel and enter the new order.

1 minute ago, anand331 said:

Is anyone having trouble with order amends using TradeHawk (with Tradier)? I am trying to modify the price and after I click send, nothing happens. No rejects and of course the amend does not happen. This issue started after I installed the latest release from TradeHawk. I was able to cancel and enter the new order.

I think the problem is not with the tool, it happened to me also today. I called the rep to fix it. if the price gets stuck during the amendment, most probably the FILL has already happened but the update didn't kick off. i saw this kind of issue last week as well.

Just now, krisbee said:

I think the problem is not with the tool, it happened to me also today. I called the rep to fix it. if the price gets stuck during the amendment, most probably the FILL has already happened but the update didn't kick off. i saw this kind of issue last week as well.

I have seen that variation as well, but today the order is not filled. It's just in limbo. Oh well.

Same, here, but the problem is at Tradier.

I had an order to close my LOW position, showed partial fills that weren't; cancelled and resubmitted, filled, but partial fill couldn't be cancelled.

I called Tradier and they said there was some issue that they would manually clean up for me.

Also cash available and total acct value were wacky.

Joe said that would be fixed by tomoorw, not sure if they need to fix everyone's issues individually.

I run Tradier, IB and TOS all using live data. I will only trade one candidate on one specific platform, so I never have the same data pulled up on all platforms. Over the past few days I've been comparing the pricing data and noticed there are differences in price. Tradier and TOS will report the same bid/ask/mid, but IB is usually way off from those numbers. I think what we're looking at here is IB is using a very sophisticated method in their Smart Routing that gives anyone trading there a BIG edge.

Screenshots from Tradier, TOS, and IB for AVGO show these price differences. These screenshots were all taken within 15 seconds of each other around 1:40 Eastern time.

Given this, I'm really considering moving all of my trading back to IB. The low commission costs at Tradier do me no good if I can't even get in the trade.

Ib Capture.JPG

TOS Capture.JPG

tradier Capture.JPG

3 minutes ago, craigsmith said:

I run Tradier, IB and TOS all using live data. I will only trade one candidate on one specific platform, so I never have the same data pulled up on all platforms. Over the past few days I've been comparing the pricing data and noticed there are differences in price. Tradier and TOS will report the same bid/ask/mid, but IB is usually way off from those numbers. I think what we're looking at here is IB is using a very sophisticated method in their Smart Routing that gives anyone trading there a BIG edge.

Screenshots from Tradier, TOS, and IB for AVGO show these price differences. These screenshots were all taken within 15 seconds of each other around 1:40 Eastern time.

Given this, I'm really considering moving all of my trading back to IB. The low commission costs at Tradier do me no good if I can't even get in the trade.

Ib Capture.JPG

TOS Capture.JPG

tradier Capture.JPG

Actually, this is the result in IB not using true mids.  They have a very convoluted way of choosing either the last, ask or bid (depending upon where the underlying is trading) and posting it to mark the mid.  It's completely inaccurate and has nothing to do with routing.

@craigsmithOne thing to consider is how IB displays the mid. It is the mid of the spread, while Tradier and TOS display the mid based on the individual legs. 

In this example, the mid of the Jun15 calls is 8.25 and mid of Jun08 calls is 7.65, and the real mid is 0.60 not 0.68.

11 minutes ago, craigsmith said:

Ib Capture.JPG

TOS Capture.JPG

tradier Capture.JPG

Hi Craig, take a look at my experience with TOS today regarding not getting filled on ULTA after Kim got filled 5c below an order I had sitting there since the open:

I've received much better fills on IB over the same trade on ToS.

I trade through a LLC - I just received a $145 bill for data on my Tradier account from the NYSE. Tradier said the data is necessary to trade, but IB has no such restriction. I use data from ToS to place trades on IB.

Buh Bye Tradier...

52 minutes ago, aircal said:

I've received much better fills on IB over the same trade on ToS.

I trade through a LLC - I just received a $145 bill for data on my Tradier account from the NYSE. Tradier said the data is necessary to trade, but IB has no such restriction. I use data from ToS to place trades on IB.

Buh Bye Tradier...

This issue happens when you are listed as "Professional" or "Non-Professional".

I have been with IB forever, and, I have always made sure to list myself as "Non-Professional", otherwise, even with IB, they would begin charging me a $500++ in monthly data fees.

I have an "Advisor/Client" account setup with them. I do not have it setup to accept any payment at all, from any client. That would also be a trigger to the $500 data fee charges.

You can be an "Advisor" but, once you have a setup to take even $1 from a client, as a fee, it kicks in the "Professional" data charge rate.

So, I assume this is a standard regulatory thing that applies everywhere.

You said you were an LLC. I don't know if that is what is causing Tradier to peg you for the higher fees.

I get around the fees at IB by having the LLC account be a client of the non-professional master account. I don't subscribe to any data at IB, but I can view the option chains and the bid/ask spread. I have charting and real time data at ToS, so why pay for it twice? Tradier won't allow that, so I'm closing the account.

4 minutes ago, aircal said:

I get around the fees at IB by having the LLC account be a client of the non-professional master account. I don't subscribe to any data at IB, but I can view the option chains and the bid/ask spread. I have charting and real time data at ToS, so why pay for it twice? Tradier won't allow that, so I'm closing the account.

How can you not subscribe to any data , at IB, but be able to see real-time options bid/ask?

And, with Tradier, you are saying that they are forcing you to have a data subscription in order to trade at all?

I guess that's one of the ways they use to make up for the low commissions.

Interesting. Looks like Tradier will now support pre-market and post-market trading. I don't, and won't, be making such trades, but cool nonetheless. Just received the following email:

Pre/Post Market Trading
Available Tomorrow!

Tradier Brokerage is excited to announce that pre-market and after-hours trading will be generally available to customers starting tomorrow.  

Pre-market trading will be available from 8:00 AM EST to 9:30 AM EST.  
After-hours trading will be available from 4:00 PM EST to 5:00 PM EST.

To enter orders in these sessions please select Pre or Post in the order Durationdrop-down menu on the Tradier Brokerage web site.  Please contact your platform provider for details about when they will support this functionality.

Please note the following:
  1. Orders for the pre and post market sessions can only be accepted during those trading session times.  Orders placed for those sessions outside of the trading time will be rejected.
  2. Only Limit orders will be permitted in the pre and post market sessions
  3. All pre market orders will be canceled at 9:30 AM EST
  4. All post market orders will be canceled at 5:00 PM EST
  5. Trading only applies to U.S. Listed Equities.  
    Option trading will continue to be available during normal trading hours.

Please review the Extended Hours Trading Risk Disclosure Statement before placing any orders in the extended hours trading sessions.  If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to our service team.

On 5/21/2018 at 1:22 PM, krisbee said:

• Wisp
  • Spread Ticket
  • Option Ticket
  • Options Menu
    • Calculator.
  • Chart
    • New indicators.
    • MOBO
  • Risk Portfolio
    • Roll up of cost.

Today's tradehawk release 2.3.01

1. Pre and Post market stock trading: choose pre or post from Day drop down on any stock ticket or Tower 
2. Trailing Stops for spreads, options, and stocks. Right click on any position in your risk portfolio to set. To modify or check the settings of any active Trailers, double click on the order in the Open Order Log. 
3. New Order Log look with drop down for different look at orders
4. Click on the Theo Price of any option in the Option Tower (Wisp) to populate an option's ticket at the mid point.
5. Cash Balance is added to top tool bar list.
6. Bug and improvement enhancements
7. consolidated Risk Portfolio with Delta and Theta visible only.  Theta column will change to other Greeks in next release.
8. NewEvent Log messaging indicating when Tradier receives a TradeHawk message.
9.  Room Chat:  a distinctive communication feature for Educators and Mentors to Post their trades and ideas directly into TradeHawk.  A student or user can click to trade these posts.

Thanks for the heads up. I also see 2 duplicate July charges on my activity page that happened on July 2nd. However, I also see a deposit to cancel out the duplicated that happened on July 3rd. It's labeled "REV FR SO SUBSCRIPTION". I guess the REV stands for reverse.

I'll need to setup a reminder to check for duplicate charges every month now...

17 hours ago, ales19 said:

Thanks @SBatch, much appreciated, will look into it in detail tomorrow.

I can confirm what @Christof+ found out re OptionsXpress and IB fees, however in my conversations with Tradier I recall them telling me they would be able open an account for me if I resided in Italy (I am a dual citizen) so maybe time it is time to get in touch with them again @Christof+ as they may now be operating in Europe (hmmm... and maybe therein lies the solution with me too).

Otherwise eOption seems like a decent fallback.

@SBatch and @Christof+ (and anyone else interested in this side conversation). Unfortunately I have to rectify my initial comment as Tradier has confirmed this morning that they do not open accounts for Italian residents either, however they did confirm they do operate in some European countries.

I am trying to get a list from them but they don't seem too keen to provide one for some reason. I just mentioned to them that as a European passport holder I can relocate to any EC country so let's see if they provide a list after this clarification.

Will update once I get a response. If this conversation needs to be moved to another post please let me know.

Edited by ales19

4 minutes ago, ales19 said:

@SBatch and @Christof+ (and anyone else interested in this side conversation). Unfortunately I have to rectify my initial comment as Tradier has confirmed this morning that they do not open accounts for Italian residents either, however they did confirm they do operate in some European countries.

I am trying to get a list from them but they don't seem too keen to provide one for some reason. I just mentioned to them that as a European passport holder I can relocate to any EC country so let's see if they provide a list after this clarification.

Will update once I get a response. If this conversation needs to be moved to another post please let me know.

I moved it to the Tradier thread.

6 minutes ago, ales19 said:

Probably best for you to simply open an account with eOption as we know they operate in Australia.  This way you are prepared for the next PV TLT trade and their commissions are perfectly acceptable for the strategy.

Just now, SBatch said:

Probably best for you to simply open an account with eOption as we know they operate in Australia.  This way you are prepared for the next PV TLT trade and their commissions are perfectly acceptable for the strategy.

Thanks @SBatch I have already started the process, fingers crossed I can finalise in time as international transfers take a while. If you have a referral code for eOption let me know and I can use it.

17 minutes ago, ales19 said:

Thanks @SBatch I have already started the process, fingers crossed I can finalise in time as international transfers take a while. If you have a referral code for eOption let me know and I can use it.

No referral code, just providing the info so everyone can cost effectively participate in the trades.

Thanks @SBatch, @ales19

@ales19 interesting they refuse Italian business. I also contacted them today. They confirmed that they offer accounts for German residents (min. 20K USD size, 20$ opening fee)

Some additional questions answered:

- They generally will not open accounts for foreign entities like a LLC (which is counter-intuitive since they target robo advisors and wealth managers with their API)

- Apart from the SO offer, they will still be charging commissions for options exercise/assignment (9 $)

- Also normal outgoing transfer fees apply (30$ wire, 75$ ACAT)

- They do not offer Portfolio Margin

- Interest on Margin: 5%

- No need to subscribe to data in order to trade (remembered that question came up here somewhere)

@SBatch you know who is behind Tradier, and its execution and clearing?
You also might know a good source for fundamentals/financials concerning Regal Securities and Hilltop, for eOption?

This is of interest to me, as I contacted Tradier just a couple of weeks ago and they couldn't help me cos I live in the UK. If people in Italy and Germany are able to open an account then I may pursue them again. I too hold a similar EU passport. (I realise the dreaded Brexit may have something to do with it.)

Just now, zxcv64 said:

This is of interest to me, as I contacted Tradier just a couple of weeks ago and they couldn't help me cos I live in the UK. If people in Italy and Germany are able to open an account then I may pursue them again. I too hold a similar EU passport. (I realise the dreaded Brexit may have something to do with it.)

@zxcv64 nope, only German residents have been confirmed so far, Italians are out for now. I am waiting for Tradier to send a list of European countries they do business with and will post if/when I get an answer.

23 minutes ago, Christof+ said:

Thanks @SBatch, @ales19

@ales19 interesting they refuse Italian business. I also contacted them today. They confirmed that they offer accounts for German residents (min. 20K USD size, 20$ opening fee)

- They generally will not open accounts for foreign entities like a LLC (which is counter-intuitive since they target robo advisors and wealth managers with their API)

- Apart from the SO offer, they will still be charging commissions for options exercise/assignment (9 $)

- No need to subscribe to data in order to trade (remembered that question came up here somewhere)

You also might know a good source for fundamentals/financials concerning Regal Securities and Hilltop, for eOption?

@Christof+ thanks for the update. Germany is trickier for me to establish residence as I don't have friends/family there. I assume the choice to avoid Italy is either due to legislation (as per Australia) or market size.  Not sure why they would avoid UK though. If I recall correctly they clear through Apex Clearing Corporation.

Just as an FYI for anyone interested, eOption requires an "offline" (paper forms) sign-up for non US residents (so plan ahead re time) and minimal account size is USD 25k (again, for non US residents).

Edited by ales19

17 minutes ago, Christof+ said:

Thanks @SBatch, @ales19

Apex clearing is Tradier's clearing partner and custodian: https://www.apexclearing.com/

Regal is a BD/RIA that caters to financial advisors.  However, the ultimate ownership of Regal and eOption is the Royal Bank of Canada - one of the largest banks in the world.  All of these companies are not only protected by SIPC but they also take out additional group insurance policies with Lloyds of London.  I understand the need to do some due diligence, but if any of these companies become insolvent and investors are not protected, then we all have a much bigger issue than our money as it is likely near the end of the world.

Thanks @SBatch for the info.

You are right for sure. Just as said in the other thread I would like to spare myself the learning curve of how to claim money from SIPC protection or some Lloyds insurance which is even more difficult and costly when you are abroad (and it still rings in my ears that Bear Sterns and Lehman will never go bankrupt. And that Deutsche plans on a long term ROE of 25% per year).

The good thing with IB is that they have a share price, so one look at it will tell you much about their situation.

Edited by Christof+

Just now, Christof+ said:

Thanks @SBatch for the info.

You are right for sure. Just as said in the other thread I would like to spare myself the learning curve of how to claim money from SIPC protection or some Lloyds insurance which is even more difficult and costly when you are abroad (and it still rings in my ears that Bear Sterns and Lehman will never go bankrupt. And that Deutsche plans on a long term ROI of 25% per year).

The good thing with IB is that they have a share price, so one look at it will tell you much about their situation.

Same can be said for the Bank of Canada in eOption's case.  Currently trading at 77 with a P/E around 12 and not far from its all time high.  Whereas IB currently trades at 61 down from 80 in May.

36 minutes ago, Christof+ said:

Thanks @SBatch, @ales19

Tradier account (and Tradehawk as platform) as a German in Germany was no problem.

IB and Tradestation work, too.

No such luck with Think or Swim of Ameritrade - they will not let me do credit spreads with reduced margin (bull put spread 95 / 90 would be the full margin as a 95 STO put instead of the 5 in spread-distance.

Well, it looks like I am out of the running for the August PV TLT trade as eOption said they will not accept my Italian passport and my Australian passport just expired and I won't be able to renew it for the next 2 months. Oh well...

As for Australians interested in Tradier, the attached screen capture from the Robinhood FAQ (I believe they too use Apex for clearing) gives us some hope although I would not hold my breath as they give no ETA.

Screenshot from 2018-07-12 19-11-14.png

Edited by ales19

On 12/07/2018 at 6:36 PM, ales19 said:

@zxcv64 nope, only German residents have been confirmed so far, Italians are out for now. I am waiting for Tradier to send a list of European countries they do business with and will post if/when I get an answer.

@SBatch @Christof+ @zxcv64  and to anyone else interested, Tradier has finally responded to my email and confirmed they offer accounts in Germany, France and Spain at this time. Please note I only asked about EC block countries so if you live in Europe and your country is not part of the EC you might want to contact them to confirm.

2 hours ago, ales19 said:

@SBatch @Christof+ @zxcv64  and to anyone else interested, Tradier has finally responded to my email and confirmed they offer accounts in Germany, France and Spain at this time. Please note I only asked about EC block countries so if you live in Europe and your country is not part of the EC you might want to contact them to confirm.

I can personally add The Netherlands to this list, since I succeeded in opening a Tradier account from the Netherlands

Anyone having issues with limit orders on Multi-leg orders on Tradier? I just noticed that no matter what price I put in for a "net debit" order, the "order cost" after I click on preview is just the ask price... I've sent an email off to support.

3 minutes ago, akito said:

Anyone having issues with limit orders on Multi-leg orders on Tradier? I just noticed that no matter what price I put in for a "net debit" order, the "order cost" after I click on preview is just the ask price... I've sent an email off to support.

Just got a response from support saying that it's just a display issue and orders would be submitted with the limit price. Just tested and they are right. Still, I like using the preview function to double check my orders. Hopefully they get it fixed soon. (BTW, I was talking about the web interface)

@rigulator, Tradier opens accounts for non-USA residents. Contact their support by e-mail and ask them if they open account for your country residents.

Also note that broker has to identify its clients, so you can not pretend you are US resident by using US-postal address-service.