SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

Edwin

Simpler Options

I'm not sure if this is the right place to talk about other sites and forums.  I'm not trying to bash another site, I'm just looking for feedback if anyone has been in their trading room before.

Has anyone tried Simpler Options?  I've been watching their free videos, and it's apparent that they never talk about their losing trades, and they are mostly buying weekly options based on Carter's TTM Squeeze indicators.

It looks like John Carter had a site called tradethemarkets with Hubert Senters?  It looks like they charge an arm and a leg for their indicators.  http://www.tradethemarkets.com/products/department2.cfm?affID=simpler

Guest Jim

I have a friend who used to subscribe to Simpler Options. He was saying that results were mixed at best, and described Carter as dishonest crook. Wasn't very happy with the service.

I tried Simpler Options trial. Not worth it. You get more out of the free youtube videos for the market recaps than from the live trade room.  He is barely in the live room, maybe 4 hours at most per week.

Guest Robert

Before subscribing to a service, you need to find out if the service owner actually trades. Many of them just provide hypothetical recommendations but don't trade by themselves. To me this is a break dealer. Many of the big names like Carter or Najarian brothers are using their name for the service but not necessarily are successful traders.

Guest Victor

I went to Simpler Options website but could not find a track record. To me, this is suspicious. 

Also, they have a lot of stuff, but about 70% of the stuff are sales, marketing or administration. Only 30% are actually related to trading. Who do you think is financing all those parasites?

I don't have an ax to grind with Simpler Options because I did learn a few things after spending $1,500 on courses, but I did lose money on JC's strategies. I recently took a course where he was teaching students to use directional trades in the weeklies options to take advantage of the gamma with trending stocks. Worked well for a while, then I lost 20% of my account in the following month. Maybe just not my style. 

However, they are really good on posting videos and course materials after the class, so I am thankful for that.   

Guest Ron

I have been a member of Simpler Options for two months and every trade John Carter has made has been a loser. It seem that the only way John Carter makes his money is to sell indicators and education courses. He will always advertise his winning trades but never his losers. I would not touch it.