SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

Kim

OptionNET Explorer Software Webinar

We are pleased to invite you to our first ever (hopefully not the last) live Webinar!

Some of you already are using the ONE software. Others have been considering to try it. 

Andy from ONE software will present how to use the software and answer our questions.

OptionNET Explorer Software Presentation

Join us for a webinar on Jun 17, 2015 at 2:30 PM EDT.

Full disclosure: I'm personally using the ONE software and highly recommend it. I do NOT receive any compensation or referral fees from ONE software.

ONE software is available to SteadyOptions members at discounted prices. 

Click here to take advantage of this offer.

You are welcome.

I'm planning to do some webinars on some of our strategies. Right now I have a technical issue with gotowebinar software (there is a 5-7 seconds delay in screen sharing), so maybe I will just do videos and not live webinars.

Guest Peter

Today I have begun a trail of the OptionOne software. Unfortunately I can not get a connection to the TWS via API. Therefore, I have no real-time data yet. Does anyone know if I have to turn off the firewall for it? The API configuration in the TWS should be correct.

Guest Peter
thank Kim

that has really worked out great. They have helped me via remote. Now I just need a good introduction to the use of a program

Guest Peter

Kim and other ONE user

Yes, I have already seen a few webinars and I can use the software already quite well. It's really amazing how well you can reconstruct the ancient trades. Two questions:
1. What data feed do you use for ONE, the TWS or the TOS. They're quite different.
2. Can you make a scree shot within the ONE software or do I have to use my external opportunities?

Thanks in advance

Kim, I am about to finish my trial for OptionNet Explorer and really think it is a great tool. I have account with IB and TOS but do all my option trading with IB since as you have explained on numerous occasions, it is a lot less than TOS. :).The IB interface was relatively easy to set-up and am now sending trades directly to IB through the API. I still find trades set-ups with IB on TWS a little more cumbersome than TOS so the interface through OptionNet ensures I do not make any mistakes. As you mention, the support from OptionNet has been excellent, extremely responsive and with use their desktop connection they are able to work with you on your desktop to straighten out any issues. My trail subscription expires on the 17th and would like your advice around next steps. With Steady Options discount of an additional 10% it will cost around $700 a year, not terrible, but would like to make sure I am using my dollars wisely. I know you are an active user of OptionNet and are using a screen shot from OptionNet when you set-up trade discussions with the members so my questions are; do you use any other tools for you options trade analysis that you would recommend in addition to OptionNet ? and from a cost perspective, if I was choose only one or two, which tools would you recommend ? I assume OptionNet would be one of them.

Thanks.

Hi Kim, regarding the backtesting functionality of OptionNET, it looks to me that one needs to pick specific options (i.e. according to the trading strategy) to enter a trade rather than using some kind of formula to pick specific options automatically. Am I correct? If so, do you know any other package that can allow one to backtest strategies using formulas? Cheers.

So, anyone worked out just how competitive IB is with negotiated TOS rates, considering you have to spend $700 to get decent software.  Seems that erases a lot of those attractive commission rates.

If you are serious about trading, you need decent software anyway. TOS doesn't have fraction of the tools the ONE has.

As for savings - I guess it depends how much you trade. If you trade 10k SO portfolio, you can easily trade 150-200 contacts per month, or 2,000+ contracts per year. 0.50 savings per contract (assuming you got 1.25/contract with TOS) translates to over $1,000 savings. With larger accounts, the savings become much more significant. ONE software is around $560 for SO members.  

@Kim,

Is there a way to track a portfolio of multiple options of different underlyings in ONE software? I just got the trial subscription to ONE but I can't seem to be able to see a way of doing. It allows only multiple options of the SAME underlying.

Thanks

Hi, I have a question concerning the "Volatility adjust" option in the risk profile analysis tab of OptionNET Explorer.

What is the reference value of one unit in the volatility adjustment tab. For example, if we adjust it to +1 is it gonna adjust the risk profile for an increase of + 1 % in the implied volatility of the underlying? If not what is the unit value of 1 unit in the volatility tab adjustment.

Thx 

Edited by Mike C

13 minutes ago, Mike C said:

Hi, I have a question concerning the "Volatility adjust" option in the risk profile analysis tab of OptionNET Explorer.

What is the reference value of one unit in the volatility adjustment tab. For example, if we adjust it to +1 is it gonna adjust the risk profile for an increase of + 1 % in the implied volatility of the underlying? If not what is the unit value of 1 unit in the volatility tab adjustment.

Thx 

It is a point increase, so if the current IV is 20 and you want to see what it looks like at IV of 30 then the volatility adjust should be +10 (for the point increase), not 50 (the percentage increase).