SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

Kim

OptionNET discounted offer

119 posts in this topic

Hello all

We are pleased to announce that we have reached an agreement with OptionNET Explorer (ONE) software provider to provide the ONE software to SteadyOptions members at discounted prices. SteadyOptions members can try the software for 10 days at 25 GBP ( around $43) which represents a 50% discount. After the 30 days trial, the prices are as following:

• 135 GBP for 3 months or
  • 450 GBP for 12 months

Those prices represent a 10% discount.

Please note that trials are limited to one per customer. Discount expires if subscription lapses - returning customers are not eligible for those discounts.

Some of the features of the ONE software:

• Historical market data for all optionable US Equities and Indices in 5 minute intervals within the platform.
  • All software upgrades during the term of your subscription.
  • Unlimited access to the support representatives via web, email and live chat.
  • Live/delayed data via thinkorswim, tradier or Interactive Brokers.
  • Send orders directly to the broker with more to be announced shortly.

Click here to take advantage of this offer.

We are also pleased to offer the ONE software for free to long term bundle members. Please find details below:

• Members who sign up for the all services yearly bundle will get the ONE software for free for the first 12 months (~$700 value).
  • Members who are currently on yearly bundle subscription will get the software after their next renewal. If you want to upgrade from monthly or quarterly subscription, just wait to the end of your current term, cancel the current subscription and subscribe to yearly term.
  • The first 12 months are considered an extended free trial period. After that, you will be billed directly by ONE at SteadyOptions discounted rate of $450 GBP (around $600 USD).
  • This offer applies to new ONE customers only. Existing or former ONE customers (including trial customers) are not eligible. Please do NOT sign up for ONE subscription if you intend to take advantage of this offer.

After you sign up for a yearly bundle subscription, please provide me with your full details in the following format:

Email_address|Firstname|Lastname|Address1|Address2|City|State|Zipcode|Country

I will pass the details to ONE software and you will get activation details from them.

Disclaimer: SteadyOptions team is using the ONE software and highly recommends it. SteadyOptions team does not receive any compensation from ONE software provider for endorsing the ONE software.

You can use this topic to post questions about the ONE software.

Kim

Does the live data I purchase from IB automatically load itself into ONE? I'm not a tech guy but would this software indentify and integrate with my broker i guess is what I am asking?

Thanks

Bret

I'm currently in the middle of a 1 month trial with ONE and while I'm impressed with the product, I'm not so much with their support.  After watching all of the links that support the product, I still had a couple of specific questions.  For example, I have portfolio margin with tos, I wanted to know if the current actual margin could be displayed on the ONE software.  I received an automated response which linked me to the subject regarding margin which was the same link I had already watched.  I had another question about commissions, and had the same experience.  Granted, I did not follow up with another email either time, but to be honest, I don't think I should have to.

I'm currently in the middle of a 1 month trial with ONE and while I'm impressed with the product, I'm not so much with their support.  After watching all of the links that support the product, I still had a couple of specific questions.  For example, I have portfolio margin with tos, I wanted to know if the current actual margin could be displayed on the ONE software.  I received an automated response which linked me to the subject regarding margin which was the same link I had already watched.  I had another question about commissions, and had the same experience.  Granted, I did not follow up with another email either time, but to be honest, I don't think I should have to.

ONE won't reflect portfolio margin, only Reg T.  This is because PM is influenced by your entire portfolio of positions.  What's your Q on commissions?

My commission schedule is $7 & 0.65/contract.  On the configuration, there is a round trip option for commissions, I can find where to enter the 0.65/contract but not the 7 ticket fee.  Also, many of my trades (hopefully) expire worthless, how do I expire the trade?

My commission schedule is $7 & 0.65/contract.  On the configuration, there is a round trip option for commissions, I can find where to enter the 0.65/contract but not the 7 ticket fee.  Also, many of my trades (hopefully) expire worthless, how do I expire the trade?

I don't think you can tell ONE to factor in a ticket charge, you would have to input it manually every time.  With that said, you should try to get TOS to drop that ticket charge for you.  Chat with the guys on the trade desk by going to thinkorswim.com.  They might offer you something like a buck or better per contract if you have decent volume.  

I also don't think ONE will expire the trade, you will need to go into the trade log and zero out the closing positions for both price and commissions to reflect an expired trade.  

Thanks Kim for arranging this discount for us!

By the way, if you have previously tried the trial for ONE, you will not be able to sign up using the link above. In that case, you should ask ONE to configure your account for the SteadyOptions discount. The best way to do that is to create a ticket at their helpdesk (requires registration): http://optionnetexplorer.helpserve.com/default_import

Once they configure your account, you can log in to the downloads area (accessible from their home page), using the same userid/password from your prior subscription(s), and your renewal options should reflect the discount.

As I am considering purchasing the ONE software I am wondering what advantage it is to the ThinkorSwim software especially for someone that actually uses TOS? What are the advantages?

Thanks to anyone that can answer

Bret

ONE has a lot of features that TOS doesn't have. For example, 5 minutes resolution while TOS gives you only EOD prices. You can build a position and track it, including current PnL, adjustments etc.

You can just try it for 1 month - it's only $43, and then decide. 

Kim,

Since you use IB as your brokerage, do you place all of your trades directly from ONE?   

I've just started my account at IB and it is not very intuitive in my opinion so if I can just place and manage trades from ONE, it seems like that would be worth the cost of ONE.

What are your thoughts?

ONE has a lot of features that TOS doesn't have. For example, 5 minutes resolution while TOS gives you only EOD prices. You can build a position and track it, including current PnL, adjustments etc.

You can just try it for 1 month - it's only $43, and then decide. 

I've just started using TOS and you can get very fine resolution option pricing using OnDemand (orange tab in upper right).  Basically a DVR of the market.  Main downside is it doesn't seem to calculate greeks but easy enough using an option pricing model.  I'm happy.   The position tracking is a nice feature of ONE, but for my option trading account size ONE is a bit expensive.

Additionally, Is there a way to automatically sync the IB trades to "ONE" or does each trade need to be entered manually into both "ONE" and IB?  (the first is to track and the second is to actually place the order).

Interested to know this too.... 

On 9/7/2016 at 1:21 PM, SteadyOptions said:

The are few competing products, but most of them are much more expensive. For example:

http://www.optionvue.com/pricing.html

2k/year

I'm not familiar with similar product that is for free.

Optionvue has always been a really excellent program but...as you pointed out..it is SO damn expensive.

But they really are way better than the competitors.

The problem is that to get the maximum use of the software, there are additional, separate, modules,and data feeds etc, that ALSO cost additional money.

But, if money was no object, and you could have the entire bundle of products they offer, you would really enjoy yourself and would probably never leave your computer!

On 6/25/2014 at 0:51 PM, Jesse said:

I also don't think ONE will expire the trade, you will need to go into the trade log and zero out the closing positions for both price and commissions to reflect an expired trade.  

I thought ONE and other platforms were trading UI's integrated with brokers' sites and would do this automatically.

Are they all like this?

If you have to keep shuttling info back and forth, or even just forth, seems like things would get tedious real fast.

Not sure if this is the best place for this question.  However, while waiting for my Interactive Brokers account to be approved and funded, I'm looking at software options.  Unfortunately, it looks like ONE software is Windows only.  That's a non-starter for me as I run Mac here.  Every time I fire up my Windows virtual machine it has to spend 30 minutes patching and rebooting...no thanks.

Can anyone recommend any modern software that runs on Mac?

Anyone is using IB and importing the trades from IB to ONE ?

It seems that IB changed their website and i can't find the 'legacy simple' format to export my trades.

I will contact ONE support, but was wondering if i'm the only one in that situation.

1 hour ago, Djtux said:

It seems that IB changed their website and i can't find the 'legacy simple' format to export my trades.

I will contact ONE support, but was wondering if i'm the only one in that situation.

@Djtux there is a link to default to old view.  I had a support ticket ready to send when i found it ...bottom left of page

1 hour ago, Djtux said:

@Djtux, take a look at my TradeLogIB script. It is much more convenient than a default IB import feature in ONE:

Just now, Stanislav said:

@Djtux, take a look at my TradeLogIB script. It is much more convenient than a default IB import feature in ONE:

Thanks, i saw your post about the python script. Very interesting but haven't taken the time to see how i can integrate that to my workflow.

My IB and ONE are not on the same machine and not even on the same network.

8 minutes ago, Djtux said:

Thanks, i saw your post about the python script. Very interesting but haven't taken the time to see how i can integrate that to my workflow.

My IB and ONE are not on the same machine and not even on the same network.

Actually my IB and ONE are not on the same machine as well. But IB machine is accessible via VPN, so my script connects from ONE's to a remote IB machine (there is a --host parameter in the script, plus TWS needs to be configured to allow API connection from specific IP addresses).

It is also possible to run the script locally and somehow copy .csv file to the machine where ONE is installed.

As for me, I hated waiting till the end of the session, and then login in into the Web interface each time, searching export e.t.c. That's too much work. But you are right, everyone's workflow is different.

Edited by Stanislav

I have the Python app downloaded and the script packet and looking to delve into making this work. I am pretty comfortable around computers but doing something like this would be a first for me. You did a great and though job with the instructions BTW.

3 minutes ago, Kim said:

Does anyone else have issues with ONE today? It crashes when trying to connect to TWS.

Yes, I also have the issues with ONE crashes after connecting to real-time TWS feed.

I've already opened a ticket and sent ONE's support detailed info and logs. They said they are investigating the issue.

Edited by Stanislav

1 minute ago, Kim said:

Does anyone else have issues with ONE today? It crashes when trying to connect to TWS.

I don't have any issue with ONE. I use the ONE beta version 1.28.6 9/22/2017 but i get my real-time data from TOS.

2 minutes ago, Djtux said:

I don't have any issue with ONE. I use the ONE beta version 1.28.6 9/22/2017 but i get my real-time data from TOS.

Seems the issue is specific to IB datafeed. However deselecting [ ] "Use IB Option Chains" flag in ONE settings does not help to resolve the issue.

Edited by Stanislav

ONE support send me a test build, I tried it and found it fixes the issue with crashes.

They asked me not to distribute this test build as they are going to create a new version for release. So we can expect an official fix to be released soon.

Edited by Stanislav

Found I answer in optionNET help doc :

“It is worthwhile noting that if one of your Option Symbols in a Position expires - you must close that Trade out manually - ONE does not automatically expire options.

For example, imagine you have an Open Position that has as one of its constituent strikes a Call option with an expiry date of 22nd October 2011. If you do not close out this strike by 22nd October 2011 then when you subsequently access the Open Position for dates after 22nd October 2011, you will see the following error for each expired strike in the Open Position”

On 3/4/2018 at 4:48 PM, Sonu said:

in OptionNET report if trade expires, doesn't calculate P/L for that trade. what is the workaround to get p/L for expired trade? any idea?

You have to manually expire the trade by creating a "closing trade", committing it with a 0.00 value, and then editing the trade log to zero out the commission if necessary. Only then does it become a "realized" gain/loss. One thing to be careful about is to move the calendar date to the date of expiration before you set up the closing trade.

(sorry - I didn't see your subsequent post. Looks like you figured it out :-)

Edited by rasar

8 hours ago, rasar said:

You have to manually expire the trade by creating a "closing trade", committing it with a 0.00 value, and then editing the trade log to zero out the commission if necessary.

This has got to be the second dumbest "feature" of ONE next to the inability to view intraday data of the current trading day until the start of the next trading day.  No amount of complaining to the them has worked to fix these which would make ONE a near perfect options backtester.  Even OptionView can do these two things correctly but I can't stand the lag and clumsiness of the software.

hello kim,

Does anyone of you who uses interactivebrokers and the one software know how to import the trades to one, one refers to the classic version  of interactive broker . IB are telling me that they closed the classic version,  the conclusion they say is to import the trades manually, is there any other way? Thanks