SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

Kim

OptionNET discounted offer

119 posts in this topic

Thanks @kim and @Yowster. So in case of a short straddle (chart below) the way to interpret the bottom metrics is, as I move to the left (price decreases) delta is negative (red) indicating that the trade would benefit if the stock price was to increase (move to the right, back to the area of profit) and on the other end if the price increases to much the positive blue delta indicates that the trade would benefit if the stock price was to fall (move to the left, back to the area of profit). Is this correct?

Should I give any weight to the fact that volatility (vega) is basically immaterial at the further out points (left and right)?

If you don't mind, would it be possible to know what you look at in ONE? What I mean is, what metrics/indicators, analysis you do in ONE to help you to make trading decisions?

Screenshot 2021-11-01 at 08.41.14.png

Short straddle is the opposite of the long straddle as you can see on the P/L chart.

Stock price decreases = delta increases = trade benefits from the stock increasing back to the strike.
Stock price increases = delta decreases = trade benefits from the stock decreasing back to the strike.

I'm usually looking at the P/L chart to see the impact of the stock movement on the profitability at different points in time.

Discount expires if subscription lapses - returning customers are not eligible for those discounts.

It's their policy.

ONE and Tradier are separate companies, not related to each other.

As of today, there is a discount of sorts--it's called currency exchange rates. A strong USD and a weak UK Pound means you should be able to get ONE for a year for about $1.10 a day..At the moment, 1 USD = .89 Pound Sterling.

Best to all,

R

Since I used ONE some years ago, now that I'm using it again I'm quite surprised that there has not even been a bit of noticeable development going on the last years. The 2. Version is still beta and the performance still reminds me of my first PCs two decades ago. Not mentioning the lack of new features. Software that isn't consequently maintained and further developed is doomed to die sooner or later.

Does anybody of you guys have any experience with other apps with similar functionality for PC? Would appreciate inspiration...

All ONE users - do you get a significant delay in updated quotes? I mean, when you switch to the new symbol, the prices are updating very gradually for different strikes and it takes some significant time, maybe 20-30 seconds till all strikes update and show correct prices?

1 minute ago, Kim said:

All ONE users - do you get a significant delay in updated quotes? I mean, when you switch to the new symbol, the prices are updating very gradually for different strikes and it takes some significant time, maybe 20-30 seconds till all strikes update and show correct prices?

I've noticed slow population of numbers lately on TOS, may not have anything to do with ONE but usually it is almost fast as you can see.  I wrote it off to the internet I have out here in the boonies.

Opened a ticket with ONE, got the following reply within minutes:

"Thank you for uploading your logfiles. Your PC uptime is over 111 hours, possibly due to the default Windows Fast startup setting. I would recommend closing all applications and performing a full system reboot to refresh the PC resources. Please refer to the following KB article which provides instructions on how to achieve this: https://support.optionnetexplorer.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/50.aspx

This resolved the issue.