SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

Kim

OptionNET discounted offer

119 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, sral said:

hello kim,

Does anyone of you who uses interactivebrokers and the one software know how to import the trades to one, one refers to the classic version  of interactive broker . IB are telling me that they closed the classic version,  the conclusion they say is to import the trades manually, is there any other way? Thanks

The workaround is use is to login to the new Account Management website, then go to https://gdcdyn.interactivebrokers.com/Universal/servlet/service.ClassicAmLandingServlet

I haven't done that in the last 2 weeks, but before that it was working.

Kim -

I understand there are some issues with the integration of OptionNet with IB. But, I understand these are primarily because OptionNet does not read the fill status from IB...but, Stanislav has heroically written a Python script to transfer the IB fill status to OptionNet.

So, my question is to Kim: Do you use OptionNet to place orders to IB, or do you just use OptionNet to analyze possible positions, and manually (or use other software?) to place orders to IB? Same question, of course, for adjustments, closing orders, etc.

Larry

On 10/7/2018 at 9:33 PM, Kim said:

I send all orders in IB and analyze the trades in ONE. Just used to do it that way. 

And what do a you use to record the fills in One, day/week/month standard import or manual? 

1 hour ago, Flameirinhas said:

I am in the 30 Day Trial with ONE. Is it still possible to take advantage of this offer?

Thanks´ for your help!

Regards,

Fernando Lameirinhas

Please refer to the first post of this topic for details. You can have the 10% discount after the trial, but not the free 6 or 12 months membership.

@Kim (or any other ONE user): I keep having an issue with certain positions where the PnL in the risk chart shows 0 (with "NaN%" below it), despite the fact that I have committed the trade, the trade analysis shows my correct cost basis, and am getting live streaming data via IB. I've tried restarting the software and refreshing the live data, to no avail. Have any of you had this issue? Obviously I'll contact ONE support if needed, but I thought it'd be easier to just ask the brain trust first. 

25 minutes ago, DubMcDub said:

@Kim (or any other ONE user): I keep having an issue with certain positions where the PnL in the risk chart shows 0 (with "NaN%" below it), despite the fact that I have committed the trade, the trade analysis shows my correct cost basis, and am getting live streaming data via IB. I've tried restarting the software and refreshing the live data, to no avail. Have any of you had this issue? Obviously I'll contact ONE support if needed, but I thought it'd be easier to just ask the brain trust first. 

Not at all. Check You are in LIVE mode and within trading time. Off sesion data go nuts. Using One version Beta 2.0.53 64bits 3/11/2020

Another question for more experienced ONE users: is it possible to add a long or short position in the underlying to a trade? I have some trades I want to model that include both option legs and a position in the underlying simultaneously. This would also be useful to help accurately reflect total PnL on trades where I take assignment at expiration and sell (or buy back) the assigned shares the following Monday. 

On 5/2/2020 at 1:10 AM, DubMcDub said:

Ahh, that makes perfect sense. Didn't even notice that up there. Thanks, Kim. 

Hmmm... modelling the trade with a stock position works but the import of a stock position via IB trade API is not possible. At least thats the experience I made with ONE during a assignment last week with the Beta version 2.0.54 64BIT .

On 5/3/2020 at 7:30 AM, Marc Swiss said:

import of a stock position via IB trade API is not possible. At least thats the experience I made with ONE during a assignment last week with the Beta version 2.0.54 64BIT .

I have had the same experience. Only Flex Import worked. The user manual was also not yet up-to-date and I felt not motivated to go back on the now „old“ version. I will wait now until things are officially released and reconsider then. 

1 minute ago, Kim said:

Updated to which version?

v2.0.62 BETA

I had same issue a month ago as I was using IB beta. There IB beta version had an issue and switching IB to stable version solved the issue. But yesterday it was ONE

12 minutes ago, project said:

v2.0.62 BETA

I had same issue a month ago as I was using IB beta. There IB beta version had an issue and switching IB to stable version solved the issue. But yesterday it was ONE

@Kim I was having the same issue with the underlying price showing yesterdays close. I was using v2.0.61 BETA with IB and can confirm that upgrading to v2.0.62 BETA resolved the issue.

Thanks @project!

Upgrading to 2.0.62 resolved that problem for me, but is causing me to get a repeating error message in IB TWS that I need to update my API client (even though I've already updated it). Not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but I temporarily resolved it by reverting ONE back to 2.0.61 for now.

3 minutes ago, DubMcDub said:

Upgrading to 2.0.62 resolved that problem for me, but is causing me to get a repeating error message in IB TWS that I need to update my API client (even though I've already updated it). Not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but I temporarily resolved it by reverting ONE back to 2.0.61 for now.

I did notice that TWS updated when I logged in today but havent got that message. I have however got random pop ups in TWS saying something along the lines of "The trading schedule for EEM, GLD (12 others) has been updated". No impact apart from cosmetic so I've just been ignoring the annoyance.

2 minutes ago, Kim said:

Use the arrows to move between expirations.

Sorry @Kim, I don't get it 😲 I would like to have the dark green line to represent the 11th of June expiration, not the september as im my case. All the arrows I found and clicked on don't change that 🤷‍♂️

For those of you with more experience with ONE, how do you compare different trades in the risk chart? I try to understand which rolling scenario for a simple spreads trade is better and end up more confused than wiser ...

Hi there, quick question on ONE which I just started using, in the chart below I would expect delta to be positive across the spectrum (e.g. like gamma) as movements in the stock price will increase delta and make the trade profitable. Can someone please explain why this is not the case in the graph below? thanks

image.png

Edited by Alex_london

@Alex London

This P?L chart is for the ATM straddle, which means that the trade starts delta neutral more or less. As the stock moves up, the delta increases, and as the stock moves down, the delta decreases and becomes delta negative. This is normal for straddles. They need the stock to move in any direction, and the straddle is likely to become profitable as the stock gets away from the strike, but it doesn't mean the delta remains positive.